Any electric 12 string AxeFxII users out there?

bobby_g

Inspired
Hi all, Just wondering what kind of 12-string you're playing & any tips or presets you've experimented with to make it ring. I've got a Rick 360-12 and I know it's classic & whatnot but I'm not too impressed with the sound (or the reversal of the hi/lo string ordering). It doesn't sound as bright as it should. I use the AC30 & Fender sims which sound awesome with my Strat/Les Paul. It's probably me but any advice would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:
I play acoustic 12. But I haven't tried it on the Axe fx yet. Why not just reverse the octave strings like almost all other electric (and acoustic) 12's have? Makes more sense to me anyway when you are playing with a pick. Since most people are playing more down than upstrokes

Thanks. Yeah, I don't know why Rickenbacker chose to order them that way but rather than cut a new nut I think I'll rationalize getting a new used one, GAS, you know. :D There's Fishman Aura thread here with some acoustic IRs you might have some fun playing with through your II if your 12 (or 6) has piezo pickups.

The reversed order of the strings is a trademark/hallmark of the Rickenbacker sound. I think you are smart to not change them. To get more chime, place a compressor in front of the amp and play with the settings. A lot of Rick players swear by the JangleBox pedal. It would be cool if we could get some IR's off of one.

I'm just used to the traditional order but I want to keep it original. Thanks for the tip I'll play around with the comp ... going to check out the JB on the WWW. Simulating it would great in AxeFxII.

Back
Top Bottom