Any EBMM owners?

Currently have a JP6, Majesty, Cutlass SSS, Cutlass HSS, Sabre, and Sub1.
I’ve also owned Morse, Stingray Guitar, JP16, JP16-7, Morse Y2D, Albert Lee HH, and an Axis.
I’d have kept the axis if I could stand Floyd roses (although it was the best feeling one I’ve played). I love the Cutlasses for most styles of playing, and the Majesty can’t be beat for comfort. The Morse is very versatile, and I will likely own another Albert Lee, but will probably opt for the MM-90 or SSS version. I’m always on the lookout for a good price on a 7 string EBMM as well.....

I’ve figured out I love the 1 5/8” nut width. Coincidentally, while a beautiful instrument, I’ve decided I won’t be keeping the Sabre, as it’s too different from my beloved Cutlasses.

Interesting outcome to this one. I told my buddy to email Suhr and ask them their take on it and it turns out a previous owner swapped out all the chrome hardware for gold INCLUDING the neck screws and ferrules and when he re-attached the neck it must have torqued out of line. The Suhr guys recommended he loosen off the neck screws and re-seat the neck and put the screws back, now i was very skeptical of this working but it did actually work. The neck is now properly aligned but the routs are still the same obviously but at least it plays correctly now.

Credit to Suhr though they've followed up with him multiple times and were adamant that it would never leave QC in that state.
Ah, all's well that ends well then :) Regarding the routing: It might be a visual illusion, but I just thought the edge from the pickup cavity to the top of the guitar looked far sharper than any of my Suhrs has been.

My JP6 PDN pushed out my PRS Custom 24 of 10 years with the same pickups (EBMM more articulate, less boomy) and then I got a JP15 7 string and liked the older JP6 PDN more (preamp and different pickups didn’t jive with me) so found the 7 string twin for it which is rare.

Petrucci influenced my tone as a young player. I play boogies. I can’t shake it even if he isn’t in my top 10 as a player now. He probably influenced me the most. Dig the JP series even if it doesn’t have the cool factor. Plays better than Fender/Gibson custom shops I own. On par with Suhr.

Wife was confused why I had two of the same guitar. LOL. I guess now I don’t NEED the 6 string...but I have it and twins are a special thing.

F635E26F-64A4-465E-BB13-CAC30D2DD19E.jpeg

They are built great and I've owned three but I like 1.650 neck width and SS57110 frets so that's why I end up selling them.

They are built great and I've owned three but I like 1.650 neck width and SS57110 frets so that's why I end up selling them.
What's your opinion on the the old style trem the use? The one they still use on the Luke, not the new one with the weird cover. I'm curious if I can put a Gotoh 510 on there, but it seems like a lot of work. And I don't know if the new Wilkinson locking saddles will fit or work good enough on the stock tremolo.

I had a EBMM Axis Sport early 2000’s. I regretted getting rid of that guitar for the longest time. Was so easy to play... In regret I picked up another one that was gifted to me from my wife on my birthday early this year. Absolutely love the guitar.

B6771FC1-97DD-4B77-9659-C2992800FC15.jpeg

Last edited:
What's your opinion on the the old style trem the use? The one they still use on the Luke, not the new one with the weird cover. I'm curious if I can put a Gotoh 510 on there, but it seems like a lot of work. And I don't know if the new Wilkinson locking saddles will fit or work good enough on the stock tremolo.
I love the "old" vintage style Trem on my Luke's! I never have or had tuning issues with them, even when I do dive bombs. It's a super stable Vibrato.

Cheers
Sash

I love the "old" vintage style Trem on my Luke's! I never have or had tuning issues with them, even when I do dive bombs. It's a super stable Vibrato.

Cheers
Sash
Oh, is that the new 2020 Luke III in your profile pic? I would love to try one of those. I haven't tried a Luke newer than the II with the EMGs.

Oh, is that the new 2020 Luke III in your profile pic? I would love to try one of those. I haven't tried a Luke newer than the II with the EMGs.
Yes it is, I have a 2019 L3 with the Dimarzio Transition Pickups and a new 2020 L3 in Fuchsia Sparkle with the new EBMM Pickups.
I love both guitars but the new Pickups are way more dynamic and transparent sounding, Ernie Ball Music Man did a great job with them.

Yes it is, I have a 2019 L3 with the Dimarzio Transition Pickups and a new 2020 L3 in Fuchsia Sparkle with the new EBMM Pickups.
I love both guitars but the new Pickups are way more dynamic and transparent sounding, Ernie Ball Music Man did a great job with them.
Cool! Any difference in the neck shape or frets? Does the bridge/middle position sound better? I genrally find this sound lacking when the bridge isn't split.

Cool! Any difference in the neck shape or frets? Does the bridge/middle position sound better? I genrally find this sound lacking when the bridge isn't split.
The classic bridge-middle tone is two single coils, so I wouldn't expect that it of a full humbucker and a single.

The classic bridge-middle tone is two single coils, so I wouldn't expect that it of a full humbucker and a single.
Yes I know, and I always split the bridge humbucker to the neck coil on my guitars. Doing that on the LIII might not be possible. Their damn PCB makes all modding a PITA.

EBMM Stingray guitar -- There's something special about the neck that fits perfectly for me. The PUPs are powerful and the guitar is balanced. [ I also have a JP6 Piezo, which I'm selling -- It's a fine guitar but I've just not bonded with it. :) ]

Back
Top Bottom