Any Digitech Drop users here? Do you have specific patches for using it?

Alabama man

Inspired
I've decided to add the drop to my board (going into an Axe II XL > Matrix GT1000 > 2x12). I'll be using it for full octave down (no dry signal). I'm sure you're all aware that you lose output / drive when using the drop (lower the tuning, less gain it seems on the same patch).

My question is: Do you have any eq's / specific patches for when you run the drop to make it sound fuller? Also, do you keep any pedals before it to drive the signal going into the Drop? I currently have it first in line on my board.

Thanks

I had one and returned it. Just was not the same as a tuned down guitar.

However, I need to lighten the guitar load and got another one and trying it again. This unit is even worse and is very noisy. Hopefully it is just a bad one.

However, I need to lighten the guitar load and got another one and trying it again. This unit is even worse and is very noisy. Hopefully it is just a bad one.

Yeah, it's definitely not the same as actually tuning down, but it gets the job done for me right now. I power mine with a Voodoo Labs Mondo and I haven't experienced any excessive noise.

Ok I took another stab tonight and reversed the order of my preamp pedal and Drop. I have the Drop 2nd in the chain and it really works well now.

The half step you can't really tell much difference in tone. A full step you can slightly hear the tonal difference but it should be workable live. I have a show this coming Friday so we will see.

I also tweaked the noise gate a bit and the hiss is minimal and very workable. The drop is now a keeper.

Back
Top Bottom