Any cool Sustainer/Feedback Sounds?

HansiLP

Hey Folks , its me again ;-) After so much lovely help with vibe Sounds i am searching for some cute Sustainer Sound. With my Band we like do a nice prog Version of Heroes by David ( the Godfather of Singers) Bowie. For the Part with the Feedback, which was originally play by Robert Fripp i need an cool Idea of singing Feedbacks or endless Sustain..... Have any of you Guys an idea for that.....

Peace & Cheers

I’ve done that’s song hundreds of times with different systems but as suggested the ebow is the simplest one.

Maybe experiment with the "hold" feature in the reverb or delay blocks (which gives you infinite repeats and can be assigned as a separate command to one of the momentary foot switches).

Digitech Freqout is a feedback generator pedal, would be a good alternative to an ebow.
The Freqout only simulates feedback. It uses high levels of compression and pitch-interval generation to do what it does. It doesn't energize the string to make it sustain indefinitely. Once the plucked note dies off, the Freqout will abruptly cut off the sound.

I've used the hold function on strymon pedals (timeline and bigsky) for cool feedback, I imagine any hold function on the FX8 would do the same. If you have an expression pedal that you can set to control time + feedback on a delay, that may get weird enough for you as well.

Back
Top Bottom