Any Chicago -area axe fx 2 peeps? HELP..

badkarma12

Just recently got my axe fx 2 and my midi foot controller. Looking for somebody in the chicagoland area to help "guide" me and get me on my way.I work a ton of hours at work and dont have hours and hours of learning curve trial and error. I havent updated my axe yet to new firmware , nor even hooked up the mfc-101.Id also like to learn the tone-matching if possible. I would be willing to provide who ever is interested food and drink of choice etc.Currrently working on pre-production for an all instrumental solo cd, and could use a hand w the axe 2.. Please Pm me.Im located near the O'Hare area Thanks

I seldom get down that way, but I doubt you'll need any help. Things are simpler these days. Just upload the firmware, drop on the new banks and play. I have yet to tone match myself, but there is a sticky/doc for it. Too busy playing!

If you really get stuck, I'll try to rangle a Saturday afternoon when the wife is working (must maintain the balance).

What's the backend going to look like? Power amp/cab, FRFR, studio stuff? What are your plans for it, home, stage, both?

hey man i'll be moving down there around january shoot me a pm and i'll give ya my email. -mg

If you keep the default MFC setup you should be up and running in no time. Where in the Chicago land are you located?

I just received the AxFxII 7.0 & MFC-101 2.11. Although I easily figured out the basic programming, I am at a loss as to expression pedal & controller setup and how to assign MFC-101 buttons to do the most basic functions such as turn on & off effects within a preset and making the tap tempo functions operate. I have never dealt with any MIDI devices prior to this and I simply do not have the time to spend countless hours trying to figure this out.

I am willing to pay someone who is very familiar with this setup. I am in Northern Indiana (Notre Dame) and just wondered if there was anyone nearby that would be willing to tutor me through this for a gererous fee. I am willing to drive a couple hours to your location ( Indy, Chicago, Toledo, Grand Rapids?).

I might be able to help you out a bit. A friend of mine bought an ultra and MFC awhile back and I spent a saturday showing him a lot and getting him introduced. I however do not run an MFC. I have a LF pro and ultra too. I wouldn't request a fee just because I would really like to check out the Axe 2 myself. I drive by south bend a decent amount because I have a summer home in Michigan. I definitely know my way around my ultra and some different setups with that. You can PM if you want or email me. Kerrygansel86@yahoo.com

I live on the south side of chicago...

I just received the AxFxII 7.0 & MFC-101 2.11. Although I easily figured out the basic programming, I am at a loss as to expression pedal & controller setup and how to assign MFC-101 buttons to do the most basic functions such as turn on & off effects within a preset and making the tap tempo functions operate. I have never dealt with any MIDI devices prior to this and I simply do not have the time to spend countless hours trying to figure this out.

I am willing to pay someone who is very familiar with this setup. I am in Northern Indiana (Notre Dame) and just wondered if there was anyone nearby that would be willing to tutor me through this for a gererous fee. I am willing to drive a couple hours to your location ( Indy, Chicago, Toledo, Grand Rapids?).

I had similar issues connecting Mission pedal to MFC. With Ultra I had 2 plugs in the back: one for switch and one for wah. With the Axe II there is only one. I bought the MFC which has tons of inputs but when I try to make it "learn" the switch, it kept defaulting to "16" which is the Wah input. It is as if both outputs on the mission pedal give the same CC signal. I finally connected the Wah to pedal 2 in the back of the mfc and used auto engage to turn it on and off. I am not happy with that setup and have stopped using the Wah pedal. This is really annoying!

I'm convinced that I am a full bore MIDIot... I've been sitting here in front of all the manuals, wiki, forums and the AxII/MFC for 7 hours today and cannot get the mfc101 or expression pedals to do anything I need. My problem is that I am totally unfamiliar with the concept of MIDI and all of the associated terms, abbreviations etc... Need someone to teach by example. At this point I would pay someone a few hundred dollars to show me in person. :)

thanks for all the responses guys.I live near ohare right off 1-90.. I will be pm'ing people tonite ..been slammed at work uggh

You HAVE to learn the unit to a certain extent. This is too complicated to say you're just going to plug in and go. There are resources ALL over the place here, but in the end, you have to do it yourself; else you'll be on the phone to your helper every time you need a refresh on what a CC is. We're all here to help, but you have to know enough to ask questions, not just say 'come set it up for me'.

I don't understand how you intend to have time to record a CD, but don't have time to figure out the amp? It's not difficult, but it does take some work.

Just a suggestion.

Come out to fitzs spare keys in elmhurst friday night next week. The 7th.
You can see and hear our two axe fx II rigs live and in person. Id be happy to show you a few things or answer any questions. But getting to hear an axe at a live show is something I haven't had the chance to see very often. It would probably be very beneficial to hear what it sounds like in a live band mix setting. I use in ears so i never hear what it sounds like in the crowd.

I don't know if you're still looking for help, but I'm on the northside near lincoln park/bucktown area. PM if you still need some direction.

Back
Top Bottom