Any chance of someone making an area here for beginners?

axecellent

Inspired
Hello all, I'm new here on the forum, My name is Jason and I'm completely overwhelmed with the discussions happening here about the Axe fx, lol
I just bought a Axe FX II and I know how to make my own simple patches now and I'm getting familiar with the rig...

What I'd really like is to start downloading some presets and stuff with axe edit.
I downloaded axe edit and the usb driver for iMac ...

everything seems to be sync'd up with my axe FX II now...but where do I even begin to download some of these presets, new amp models
I'm very interested in getting the silver jubilee loaded, do you have to pay for this?

man, if someone here could write a step by step solution or instructional video or write up of some kind for beginners like me to help me out it would be greatly appreciated...am I the only one who is lost here? lol

I think I need a AXE FX II for Dummies Book...now thats a million dollar idea....i'd buy it!!! lol

any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

I'm very interested in getting the silver jubilee loaded, do you have to pay for this?

You had a LINE 6 before right? ;)

also search on youtube, some good stuff there too from various members. G66 website has some intro videos as well that is in English

i appreciate your enthusiasm but you are making multiple posts asking the same questions :) as soon as the new firmware comes out, i'd like to make a video showing how to start with the axe fx, connections and other basic things. until then, check out my other vids in my signature below.

read through the wiki and look there first and do a forum search before asking questions. chances are the answer is already there. but don't hesitate to ask different questions or for more clarification here on the forum.

Said a million times before but bears repeating... Do not use axe-edit yet, I wouldnt use until 9 is officially released along with the new axe-edit.

Actually fully reading the manual goes a long way. Download the latest version from Fractal's website because the one shipped with your unit might not contain everything.

area for beginners? we don't need no stinking area for beginners!

just kidding!

while the axe fx can seem a bit overwhelming, you will soon get your head around it after hanging around here more often.
for a start, i would highly recommend Scott's session at the recent axe fest west coast here:
Scott Peterson - Taming the Monster - Axe Fest West Coast 2012 - YouTube
there's even a short section by Matt on how to import user IRs.

have fun!

as soon as the new firmware comes out, i'd like to make a video showing how to start with the axe fx, connections and other basic things.
looking forward to it, Chris. your videos on the MFC101 and expression pedal setups were very clear and precise!

^^^^

What he said. Scott did a great demo on how he sets up his patches. Pretty basic stuff but, I did learn a thing or two.

in a nutshell. Work a little with the first 40 patches. After that, start simple with a amp, cab. Branch out from there when you are comfortable.

-Nate

For me it was the PDF manual from the FAS website, and a whole bunch of YouTube videos (which sold me btw).

You wouldn't know this outside of the forum, but AXE-Edit is NOT reliable with the current firmware (including version 9 in beta). AE is "glitchy" at best, although I use it with limited success. Now is the time to learn the front panel anyway.

Welcome to the club. You're in for a great ride. :)

it's definitely something you have to approach with a certain level of patience in mind... the tortoise wins the race

when I was an Axe noob I created a thread to track my preset creating learning

two reasons:
- for me to use as a sort of diary so I could track what I'd done / what I'd learned
- to enable other folks to chip in and help me when I was having difficulties and to make suggestions

so essentially I created my own personal noob area..
got a lot from it too
logged my failures and my lil' victories..
and some folk threw some pretty sound advice my way too..

Just start really basic. Make a preset with just an amp. Tweak the amp. The rest will start falling into place as you explore the various resources and options. Patience is a good thing!

Just start really basic. Make a preset with just an amp. Tweak the amp. The rest will start falling into place as you explore the various resources and options. Patience is a good thing!

lil' correction:
just an amp and cab

cos an amp on it's own [unless you're runnnig thru regular guitar cabs] will sound nasty

also....
seriously spend time experimenting with cabs...
they are the difference between your tone failing or sounding epic..
so making good choices for amp / cab combinations is pretty vital
do not fall into the ol' "the cab is called XXX so I must use it with this amp" trap..
so.. with your JCM800, your obvious choice would be the 1960 cabs.. don't leave it at this.. try the others too..
conforming to "the norm" is a seriously limiting way to look at things..

I think a beginners section is good. Experienced users can sometimes get a litte tired of the same questions over and over in the main forum, and beginners might feel a bit intimidated over both the device and the user base. A dedicated section for new users might solve some of the problems on the forums. Just a thought!

The flip side of that though is that most won't frequent that sub forum.

General common sense is all that's needed. Do a search, if you get an answer, awesome, otherwise ask away.

Just stick to the forum the way it is... Best way to learn is to jump in head first. It will take time, but it is soooo worth it.

Back
Top Bottom