Any Carpenters Here? Question about blade tooth count.

Makita is a better choice than when any day. I have had a Festool track saw for a couple decades it has more than paid for itself many times over. Makita is solid and will do a great job just keep the track firmly in place. Years sounds easy right but not all sheet goods are flat. You’ll know what O mean the first time you decide to hold the track in place and only after getting part of the ways down the cut relative that side was ever so slightly crowned and the end of the track shifted a tiny bit. Don’t ask me how I know.
Thanks for the heads up on that possible issue (sounds like i may sometimes need to clamp in the middle also) - I'm def learning a lot before even starting my projects.

Festool - primo - as I understand, it is the Axefx of Track Saws 👑 (I guess they had sole rights to the track system idea until patent expired?) - out of my budget but that's what I thought about Axfx while swapping thru multiple modellers before finding nirvana with Fractal - difference is, I don't expect sawing to become an obsession for me the way guitar has 😳

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on that possible issue (sounds like i may sometimes need to clamp in the middle also) - I'm def learning a lot before even starting my projects.

Festool - primo - as I understand, it is the Axefx of Track Saws 👑 (I guess they had sole rights to the track system idea until patent expired?) - out of my budget but that's what I thought about Axfx while swapping thru multiple modellers before finding nirvana with Fractal - difference is, I don't expect sawing to become an obsession for me the way guitar has 😳
Patents are nice and I don’t regret the money spent on the Festool but there are a lot of good options and you have one. For years I made do with an inexpensive skill saw and straight edge I made. Attention to detail and thinking things through can make the simplest jig work like a more expensive tool. Tools are just tools it’s what you do with them. I enjoy the best tool I can buy but live with inexpensive reliable cars. Others buy BMW and a 75$ skill saw. I buy a used Dodge and the best tools I can. The car gets me around the tool makes me money. FX3 on the other hand doesn’t make me money just makes me smile! That alone makes it worth it right?

Back
Top Bottom