Any Beat Buddy Drum Machine Users Here?

DavidE

Power User
Curious. I hear some pretty basic drum loops in many demos but haven't come across anyone using a BB. I got mine in the Indigogo campaign and had to put it on a shelf for about a year (I think) waiting for Mac software to be able to really use it for gigging. But, my FX8 and Digitech Trio also arrived at about the same time and the only one that's gotten any attention from me has been the FX8. Too busy working and gigging and family stuff otherwise. I'm getting ready to load up a bunch of stuff I downloaded and see if I can use it at my acoustic gigs.

I wonder if my FX8 will take the midi clock from the BB pedal and put effects and the loop in time...

Hi,

I've been using one for a few months with my two-man acoustic gig. Don't have any experience in using it combined with my my Axe-FX, but I'm loving the little think.

Hi,

I've been using one for a few months with my two-man acoustic gig. Don't have any experience in using it combined with my my Axe-FX, but I'm loving the little think.

I need to spend the time with it to integrate it into my acoustic duo. I downloaded some tunes with bass that are pretty cool.

I use one for practicing. I find the song and drumkit changes a little too slow for gigging situations.

I use one for practicing. I find the song and drumkit changes a little too slow for gigging situations.

Until I could set up my own setlist, it was useless for gigging. But we never seem to play anything in a specific order, so I'd still hve to be able to find something quickly.

When I first saw that pedal, my first though was, but I can already do all of that with my MacBook and a DAW, plus the ability to program my drum patterns from scratch, and send automation. I though maybe it had some benefit over that setup, but it's been out a while and I still can't figure out what it can do that I can't already do with my laptop?

And I'm not really concerned with foot print, my laptop setup is integrated into my rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased it straight after it appeared in Germany, lost lots of time on this early microsoft level editor, waited months and months for a proper mac version and lost interest. I hardly used it, may check back on their website but can see it going for sale pretty soon...

There's a Mac editor for it now, but it arrived when the FX8 did and my time was better spent in that.

Back
Top Bottom