any Bass simulator patches

JohnBee

Inspired
does someone have a bass patch I can use that's designed for a guitar (a bass simulator)? The bass presets #255 "detune slap" I'm not sure if it's designed for guitar or bass. It doesn't sound too good with guitar. I don't own a bass and want to lay some bass tracks down.

I would really appreciate any tips as well. I often require a good bass simulation for guitar and haven't found a completely satisfactory solution yet.

The pitch block doesn't track as well as my G-system did, in fact the G-system has a mode of the pitch block that is dedicated to shifting down an octave. It does this very well.

I have played around with the octave divider, which is great after the recent update, but that's a different sound and not like a bass simulation. I have also played around with the ring mod, and can get perfect tracking at a fixed frequency down an octave. It is responsive and fast, but the tone is harsh and still sounds like a ring mod; cool but still not a bass sim. I also tried using the intelligent pitch mode (instead of fixed) and selected chromatic scale. I dont know that this makes any difference though (and I don't see why it would, just an experiment)

I would love to get good tracking with no wobbles for 100% wet, octave-down pitch shifting.

I look forward to all your comments.

Try this one and let me know what you think of it...
It's far from perfect but you can tweak for your needs.

Raca, that bass patch is pretty darn good! I bypassed the pitch block and used it with my 5-string bass. I think I just switched the compressor to studio and made some minor tweaks, but I love it. I just posted a test track that I used it on...
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8352

I believe I lowered the compression threshold and slightly decreased the ratio. I ended up compressing again for the mix, but I always try to do that anyway. Multiple stages of less compression seems better than one stage of more drastic compression.

Bottom line....I think it works great and will be using it some more. Thanks for posting!

A little tip for anyone using the pitch block for bass simulation. I didn't test with this patch, but I've used other patches in this fashion....the pitch block does add some slight latency depending on the tracking settings. After recording, it's a good idea to zoom in on your track waveform and nudge it a bit to eliminate the latency and tighten it up with the other recorded tracks. Other than that, I find the pitch block works great for a quick and dirty bass track....and no tuning worries as it'll be perfectly in tune with the tracks just recorded with the same guitar!

Back
Top Bottom