Any AxeFx users with UA Apollo?

Hi. What are you trying to sync? Probably easiest to use the analog outs on the Axe. It should be very cool running into a Neve EQ and Ampex tape plugins in real time on the Apollo. Finally a way to get that elusive ADT effect. If you want to get plugins in real time from your DAW you have to route to an output on the Apollo then patch it back in to an input on the Apollo. What plugins did you get?

Thanks for the reply! I purchased the Bob Katz Ambience Recovery Processor plug-in. It came with all the plugs at a 14 day trial. Stoked to see which one stands out the most. For now, I'm trying to use both at the same time - having the Apollo as th master clock (Am I saying that right)?

Yes you are saying that right. The only problem with the digital connection is that you have to run all of your projects at 48k. It is much more seamless to just use the analog outs on the Axe into the Apollo. Yes you go through a DA AD conversion but it should still sound great. You can run the s/PDIF in and out to the Axe if you do not mind running all of your projects at 48k. Be careful with those plugins like the EP3. They are very addictive and there is a great danger of spending a lot of money once you get bitten by hearing them. Good luck.

Any success syncing the 2 on a Mac? Any help would be most appreciated!

:)

I don't have a mac, but I've also got the axe 2 and the apollo. I'm planning on just using the analog outputs into the apollo, mainly due to the locked 48k sample rate of the axe 2. If you go analog you don't need to worry about any of that...just let the apollo do it's thing! Close up of the axe2 and apollo, right where I can get to them...

IMG_3207_zpsebfc743d.jpg

Yes you are saying that right. The only problem with the digital connection is that you have to run all of your projects at 48k. It is much more seamless to just use the analog outs on the Axe into the Apollo. Yes you go through a DA AD conversion but it should still sound great. You can run the s/PDIF in and out to the Axe if you do not mind running all of your projects at 48k. Be careful with those plugins like the EP3. They are very addictive and there is a great danger of spending a lot of money once you get bitten by hearing them. Good luck.

lol, so true, so true! I got lucky and found a guy on ebay who was selling every single UAD-2 plugin for one money...this is my advice to those that want to get into the UAD-2 stuff...you can find some killer deals on ebay if you keep an eye out...and the best thing is that it's software, so it doesn't matter if it's "used"...!

Yes that is a good way to get into the plugs. Buy a used satellite or dsp card that has some and get them signed over. It is an amazing box. Its a very tough call between that and the RME UFX. The RME has those mature drivers and unlimited routing capabilities. It sounds great. But the Apollo allows you to run plugs in real time. It could be such a great live tool for a small band. I suppose the only downside is that there is no midi control of the Apollo console. They just released the new API EQ plugs however I am waiting for them to release some mic preamp emulations. The AXE and the Apollo make a very powerful combination. Nice setup.

Can you run the Studer and Ampex tape sim plugs in realtime on Apollo?

I thought those two and some of their lookhead limiters would not run on Apollo due to latency?

Back
Top Bottom