Any Axe FX (Ultra or II) players near Kentucky in US?

mvanzant

I'm wondering if there are any that live/play near Kentucky in the US? I'd really like to see the setup for one of the units in person before plopping down nearly 3 grand for the unit and foot controller. I'm a garage band talent at best so I'm really curious if jumping to the learning curve is something I want to do. I know each person learns at their own pace and seems like everyone who has one of these love them. I'd really like to see someone at a live gig and/or home studio.

I also belong to the "U2 Guitar Tutorials" forum and know that this unit really can nail some U2 sounds (which I'm really interested in). I'd like to be able to see how some of the great sounds that get posted are created. In other words, am I too old a dog to learn these new tricks!
wink.png

I've got a VOX AC30CC II with blue speakers, the KORG SDD3K pedal, a Strymon delay and a POD HD500 and the KORG A3. I'd like to keep these but would like to see the Axe in action prior to making any purchase. Again, I am really impressed with the posts from folks on the U2 Guitar Tutorials group using the AXE. I'm sure it's a combination of great tool and great talent to get those sounds. I'm just wondering if my limited talent (and age/attention span/free time) will allow me to see the similar type of results.

Does anyone here live near KY and would be willing to share some insights on their Axe experience?

Thanks,
Marty

Back
Top Bottom