Any AX8 users in the Dallas - Fort Worth area?

FlyingJV

Hi, everyone. I'm brand new to the Fractal world (first post, actually), as I just bought the AX8 a month ago. Despite countless hours tweaking and watching tutorials, I'm still having some issues. I'm curious whether anyone happens to be in the Dallas-Fort Worth area who is a Fractal fanatic. I'd love to get to see how someone else uses their AX8 in person. Maybe I'm missing something simple. It's hard for me to believe I have a defective unit. User error seems much more likely! Despite importing some presets from guys like @2112 and @fremen who I know have killer tones, they come out extremely different through my system. Most notably, anything more than a clean or slight breakup is just wretched. My Samson 50a Resolv monitors are not the best, but the presets shouldn't be THIS much different. I've checked for common mistakes such as failing to turn on power amp modeling or cab modeling, and I believe I have the input level set correctly. I've also used it a few weeks at church going directly to FOH (stereo XLR outs), and it sounded okay in my 1964 in-ear monitors, at least on the Morgan AC20 and Chieftain settings. But I had them barely at the edge of breakup, and it still wasn't the tone that I know it can be.

Any suggestions are welcome! I need some guides to lead me on the never-ending quest for the holy grail of tone.

Thanks, guys!

I'm in Frisco. I know personally at least 3 or 4 others here in town...all of whom are church players primarily, but application shouldn't make a difference. There's a hard rock cover act called Red Leather, their guitarist, Burke, is active on the AX8 Facebook groups and lives in Plano they play all over and he's got a killer setup and sound. Not sure if he's active here.

At any rate, if you're up in the Frisco vicinity, I'd be glad to hook up and pitch in some ideas a bit.

I'm in Frisco. I know personally at least 3 or 4 others here in town...all of whom are church players primarily, but application shouldn't make a difference. There's a hard rock cover act called Red Leather, their guitarist, Burke, is active on the AX8 Facebook groups and lives in Plano they play all over and he's got a killer setup and sound. Not sure if he's active here.

At any rate, if you're up in the Frisco vicinity, I'd be glad to hook up and pitch in some ideas a bit.

Thanks, Patrick! I am in the Keller area, and my main gig is the Life.Church Keller campus. It is definitely worth it to me to make the drive up to Frisco to get someone else's perspective on it.

Do any of the factory presets sound decent?
Yeah, some of them are okay. Heading over to a buddy's house tomorrow who has some high dollar studio monitors and a good recording setup. I'll know more about what the AX8 can do after spending a little time playing through his system. Stay tuned...

Back
Top Bottom