Any AX8 news from the pedal show?

Ok, so no news from the Pedal show. That's all I really wanted to know. I did not intend to perpetuate the "they owe us an update" discussion. I guess the best move for me is to stay off the Forum and be pleasantly surprised when the email comes. Yea, right, like that's going to happen!

There was a "manual should be out by the end of the week" post....that was about a month ago now.
Cliff said last Sunday that he thought it was finished and should be uploaded "soon." But "soon" in Fractal's terms could be a month for all we know.

As long as they ship by the end of this month I will be happy. I do hope that we get to see some more videos and teasers from the pedal show.

It's a good sales strategy, really. I got so excited for the Ax8– I bought an MFC 101 and 2 EV1s when I couldn't foresee an imminent shipment of Ax8s. (Signed up to wait list Nov 20th.) Now I welcome the delay, so I can build up my Extravagant Purchase fund again :D

I am very anxious to get mine (and may actually be looking at a TOOB amp of all things to cover some important upcoming gigs, can you imagine! But, the fact of the matter is they said expected release Q4 2015 and it's only December 6th. And that is considering if they did not have any issues... I do think some people are imagining that the "release of the manual" will be some type of sign that the units should soon follow but really? Do you actually NEED that manual ASAP if the unit is not going to drop until 12-31-2015 @11:59pm?

... I do think some people are imagining that the "release of the manual" will be some type of sign that the units should soon follow but really? Do you actually NEED that manual ASAP if the unit is not going to drop until 12-31-2015 @11:59pm?

Imagining that it is some type of sign doesn't mean that someone thinks it's needed. I personally think it will be a sign and I'm sure I could get along on the unit without it at all.
-
Austin

So many people are thinking that its fixing bugs ,not necessarily .It could be something as simple as an artist saying "you know what would be really cool is if it did this ?"

Fixing bugs was not pure speculation. Cliff stated that's what they were doing on November 21:

"The AX-8 and FX-8 share a common code base. We're still fixing some bugs in the AX-8. When that's finished the updated code base will be used to generate new FX-8 firmware. In the interim please enjoy one of the finest effects processors ever made."

Source:

If you have ever worked developing a product the last 10 - 15% of work takes the longest...working out the product delivery, details and last minute changes due to beta testing etc (insert long list here). There are plenty of details before shipping something like this...although I work as a SW geek in a completely different space the principles still apply...I don't think Fractal is intentionally dragging their feet..why would they? So, if you accept that, it must be some details they are working out. As far as letting us know the innards of when stuff is due it really is not mandatory...name other companies that drop their shorts to the day-to-day operations?

I am as anxious as the next guy...but be anxious isn't going to make it arrive any quicker...

I am not trying to be confrontational...anyway...

I;m with you as far as the anticipation aspect. I think they are just working out the kinks and doing quite a few firmware revisions (most of the time these are minor but just the same the beta testers may find a few.)

on a side note it will be released when Cliff feels its ready....Thanks Cliff for making great products

I am very anxious to get mine (and may actually be looking at a TOOB amp of all things to cover some important upcoming gigs, can you imagine! But, the fact of the matter is they said expected release Q4 2015 and it's only December 6th. And that is considering if they did not have any issues... I do think some people are imagining that the "release of the manual" will be some type of sign that the units should soon follow but really? Do you actually NEED that manual ASAP if the unit is not going to drop until 12-31-2015 @11:59pm?

Funny you guessed 12/31/15...i was thinking Christmas Night the emails would go out

New theory (pure speculation so no connection to reality is implied or should be inferred):

They're holding off until 2016 to avoid 2015 income for tax purposes or other accounting reasons.

Let's hope not. If that happens to be the case I'd have to delay my purchase to Spring at least.

They're holding off until 2016 to avoid 2015 income for tax purposes or other accounting reasons.
Not just speculation but completely absurd. Cliff himself says that they're fixing bugs, aligning the code base with FX8 to make a single platform, and finalizing presets and manual - and yet people continue to theorize with such nonsense. Stop the insanity!

Not just speculation but completely absurd. Cliff himself says that they're fixing bugs, aligning the code base with FX8 to make a single platform, and finalizing presets and manual - and yet people continue to theorize with such nonsense. Stop the insanity!

Um, just having a little fun. Did you miss the first part of the post that you deleted from your quote? "New theory (pure speculation so no connection to reality is implied or should be inferred):"

Relax. Maybe you'll get the joke.

Last edited:
stop_the_insanity.jpg

Back
Top Bottom