Any aspect of Mk2 can be updated to Mk1 of FXIII?

bxlgotham

Inspired
Obviously the front face and the expansion for preset saves are hardware upgrades, but wondering about any software preset aspects of the device, are they being released for Mk1 of the device and if so how does one update? Sorry if this is a highly dumb question.

Obviously the front face and the expansion for preset saves are hardware upgrades, but wondering about any software preset aspects of the device, are they being released for Mk1 of the device and if so how does one update? Sorry if this is a highly dumb question.
We were told firmware will be the same for both devices, so any updates the Mark II gets that isn’t related directly to the new hardware will be given to the Mark I as well.

As I understand it, the MkII involves in total:

1) A new screen (which I don't need)
2) A new front LED (which is cute but I don't think anybody 'needs' :) )
3) Room for more presets (LOL which I definitely don't need, I only use like 3, although perhaps a preset-per-song user might enjoy)

In other words, it is the natural evolution of the hardware, not really a new version, and in no way does it diminish the value of the MkI. It's basically like adding a cup-holder to a Ferrari. You're not really losing any features that fundamentally change the way the unit operates or makes it sound better or do more things.

I am ecstatic with my MkI, and feel very blessed to have one in Australia!

It's the same exact FW. Short of anything controlling the screen operations or the control of the Logo lighting.

No special presets or functionality. Just more physical preset/cab memory on board.

Back
Top Bottom