Any 10/14 action yet?

5:37 EST is not going to happen this year. There are more people in front of you than I can share publicly.
M@, when you say "people in front of you", are you referring to the number of people on the wait list prior to the OPs 5:37pm spot or something else?

Being as I signed up over a week after 10/13, I basically just gave up and ordered an HD500X to use until my name comes up on the waitlist. I'm tired of lugging amps/cabs, this will have to do in the meantime. For the price I figure I'll eat it and re-sell it or hold onto it when AX8 comes available. There's only a very small chance I am happy enough with it to not get an AX8 altogether, but wouldn't that be something lol.

Bummed, was really hoping to have an AX8 in my hands by end of year... Now I'm skeptical I'll have one by summer, hopefully I am proved wrong :p

Being as I signed up over a week after 10/13, I basically just gave up and ordered an HD500X to use until my name comes up on the waitlist. I'm tired of lugging amps/cabs, this will have to do in the meantime. For the price I figure I'll eat it and re-sell it or hold onto it when AX8 comes available. There's only a very small chance I am happy enough with it to not get an AX8 altogether, but wouldn't that be something lol.

Bummed, was really hoping to have an AX8 in my hands by end of year... Now I'm skeptical I'll have one by summer, hopefully I am proved wrong :p

I think you'll see it before summer. For what it's worth, I also have the HD500X and for the price point it's not a bad unit at all. I've been gigging with it for a couple of years now and still get positive remarks on the tone.

Last edited:
Sorry to keep coming back to this thread. I really am excited about trying this unit out. I thought there was a thread where Cliff said the would be "plenty" of AX8 units to go around?? Wondering what he meant by that? Are some of us really waiting till summer??

I'm a little late to the party, 12/15 here. Oh well, from everything I've read here, it will be well worth the wait.

I think you'll see it before summer. For what it's worth, I also have a the HD500X and for the price point it's not a bad unit at all. I've been gigging with it for a couple of years now and still get positive remarks on the tone.
Yeah there are already a few things it doesn't do that I want (momentary switches, auto-engage pedals) and the amps aren't the ones I'm most interested in. But at least it will bide me some time until my name comes up on the list, and get my pedal board rig operational before the 2016 shows start.

Back
Top Bottom