Anthrax "Among The Living" Tone Match

Thanks for kindness everyone. Feels great.

TC Electronics Booster + Line Driver to push the first 12ax7 input side of tube into overblast. I found these when working on 48th street in Manhattan selling guitars and hanging with Tommy Hillfiger's brother (Billy) who worked at Manny's > JCM > 80 watt celestions > Fingers. Camo Marshalls were 80 watts (320).

Lead guitar is as different story.

I was just watching an old VHS tape I had recorded back when you guys were on Headbangers Ball, showing your gear. The infamous camo Marshall cabs were in the clip. You were holding your TNT Jackson V. :)

Here's another attempt at tone matching this record. I used the opening riff of "I Am The Law" as my source. This time, I used a Euro Uber amp instead of a Brit 800 in order to get more bass.
For my recording, I tracked 4 guitars with 2 tracks left and 2 tracks right. My playing isn't that tight since I just recorded this quickly in order to compare the tone match patch to the original. The tone matched "mosh" riff from "Imitation Of Life" sounds brighter to me than the original.

Feel free to check out the patch, and make any improvements.

Dave Z

Oh yeah! Much closer to the tone man.

Back
Top Bottom