Antares ATG Experiences?

rrogers

Inspired
Tried the Line 6 JTV69 and I didn't care for it. Sounds were within my expectations, but the neck was not to my liking. I thought about keeping it and swapping out the neck, but I recently learned about the Antares internal kits and the external ATG-1 processor.

Has anyone here tried either? I saw Larry Mitchell's demo (he appeared to be using an Axe FX) and it was impressive. The internal kit is the more attractive option because it avoids having to use a 13-pin cable. However, I believe the floor unit will respond to incoming midi program changes so I would be able to switch patches on the Axe II and the Antares unit at the same time.

I have no personal experience with it. Perhaps you should PM Larry. He is a long-time Fractal user, and all around nice guy. He has many fans here at the Fractal community.

I have a like-new one for sale here in the For Sale section.

I have it all boxed up to ship, but I'd be happy to try out the midi patch change question you have.
I think in Larry's video, it was also using midi patch change info for both units.

I bought mine as a result of being in the Antares hotel suite at NAMM 16, and I sat on a couch across from Larry who was jamming thru the ATG and AX8 with another fellow. the floor unit is preferable , and it does whammy and drop and open tunings as well as anything, but imo , the guitar sims could use some updating.

Back
Top Bottom