Another plea for a GLOBAL PRESET!!!!

Press a button to change to preset X. Press the same button again to go to designated "global" preset. Press same button a 3rd time to return to preset X.

Nice if you want to have a specific solo preset... You can change to it and revert back all with the same button.

Not used by many that I'm aware of.

@Tremonti - there is a way to do what you want... But it's not as simple.

Use the Preset Toggle by Number function.

You'd have to program a button for each preset you want to use, though.

Your Primary Preset value would be actual preset and the Secondary Preset would be the global.

Press a button to change to preset X. Press the same button again to go to designated "global" preset. Press same button a 3rd time to return to preset X.

Nice if you want to have a specific solo preset... You can change to it and revert back all with the same button.

Not used by many that I'm aware of.

@Tremonti - there is a way to do what you want... But it's not as simple.

Use the Preset Toggle by Number function.

You'd have to program a button for each preset you want to use, though.

Your Primary Preset value would be actual preset and the Secondary Preset would be the global.
Sounds like a good use case for a Per Preset button. You set up the 'Global' value in the layout as the tap function, then the preset's own number in a Per-Preset Override as the hold.

Sounds like a good use case for a Per Preset button. You set up the 'Global' value in the layout as the tap function, then the preset's own number in a Per-Preset Override as the hold.
For a performance oriented feature like this, I don't think preset change on a hold function is a great idea... But that's my preference ;)

Also, I don't think a per-preset would work. As soon as you change to global preset, your per-preset switch would no longer be the same ;)

For a performance oriented feature like this, I don't think preset change on a hold function is a great idea... But that's my preference ;)

Also, I don't think a per-preset would work. As soon as you change to global preset, your per-preset switch would no longer be the same ;)
Yeah, I guess both are true. Looks like it needs to be a utility function choice, I guess....

Back
Top Bottom