Another newbie question...

RickTN

Inspired
When I receive my new Axe this week (if freakin' UPS can ever get it out of their warehouse) will I need to update to the new firmware release (Quantum 1.01 I think) or will it have the latest already installed?

G'day Rick,

Welcome! - You're going to love this!
When the unit boots up, you'll see what firmware is installed. If it's not Quantum, then upgrade it.. The procedure is pretty straight forward;

1 Connect your Axe FX to the computer using a usb cable & turn it on
2 Download & install the USB drivers if you need to
3 Download & install Fractal Bot
4 Download the Quantum firmware & Unzip it
5 Open Fractal bot & ensure it's connected to the Axe FX
6 Update the firmware (it's a pretty straight forward procedure)

Steps 4, 5 & 6, are things you will do often as Fractal update regularly :)

Anyway - You must be hanging out to see the unit - Good luck with it, and just post questions here on the forum - The majority are helpful and understanding individuals.

HTH
Pauly

The units usually ship with the latest firmware available. Of course some could have been assembled and loaded up as a new firmware was being released so they could be one release back. I don't think that happens often. Regardless, it really is simple and takes just a few minutes to upgrade with the utilities available. ie. FractalBot

edit: see pauly's excellent post above on the simplicity of upgrading. Piece of cake!

Thanks guys...can't wait to get it. Re-inventing my music room/office/hideaway and it's the centerpiece for everything now that I'm ridding myself of some pedals and amps. Build a special mounting pedal board for my Mastermind GT22 and 2 Mission pedals. Hope it all works correctly...in my head it does.....:)

You will love it. Definitely read the manual and don't forget the excellent WIKI that is a fountain of knowledge and kept up to date by the relentless Yek!

You will love it. Definitely read the manual and don't forget the excellent Wiki that is a fountain of knowledge and kept up to date by the relentless Yek!
I've been reading and watching videos on YouTube...they've helped me quite a bit. I had a line 6 POD 2 years ago and a lot of the setup procedures are similar.....I believe I'll be OK.........

One question......I'll be connecting AXE to 2 powered studio monitors.....what would be the preferred output to use...balanced XLR...or unbalanced 1/4"?... (I'm planning on 1/4" unless someone tells me differently)

I've been reading and watching videos on YouTube...they've helped me quite a bit. I had a line 6 POD 2 years ago and a lot of the setup procedures are similar.....I believe I'll be OK.........

One question......I'll be connecting AXE to 2 powered studio monitors.....what would be the preferred output to use...balanced XLR...or unbalanced 1/4"?... (I'm planning on 1/4" unless someone tells me differently)
Either will work exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom