Another newbie question - Preset exchange this time.

bwilder10h

I'm coming over from the Amplifire crowd and so far pretty happy with the AX8. I'm a P&W guitarist that also loves to play some rock and roll at home and wanted an all-in-one solution with ability to run multiple delays and overdrives... but the draw of all the great Axe-Fx presets out there lured me in.

Of course I didn't really do my homework and see now that the axe presets aren't compatible with the AX8 and also understand that the great Singtall and Fremen (his VOX preset was a large factor for me on the amplifire and I would love to reproduce on the AX8 someday) are going to be working on some AX8 presets in the distant future but wondering if there is a work around.

I have a preset or two I created on my own that are going to get me by for now but I would love to tap in to some of the well known presets out there for the Axe if possible. Is there a way to pull those in and use them via AX8-Edit?

Thanks in advance guys!

You will need some help... You need to have a guy with the Axe II export the blocks from an Axe II preset and then you can import them into AX8 edit and reassemble it

I'm coming over from the Amplifire crowd and so far pretty happy with the AX8. I'm a P&W guitarist that also loves to play some rock and roll at home and wanted an all-in-one solution with ability to run multiple delays and overdrives... but the draw of all the great Axe-Fx presets out there lured me in.

Of course I didn't really do my homework and see now that the axe presets aren't compatible with the AX8 and also understand that the great Singtall and Fremen (his VOX preset was a large factor for me on the amplifire and I would love to reproduce on the AX8 someday) are going to be working on some AX8 presets in the distant future but wondering if there is a work around.

I have a preset or two I created on my own that are going to get me by for now but I would love to tap in to some of the well known presets out there for the Axe if possible. Is there a way to pull those in and use them via AX8-Edit?

Thanks in advance guys!

I would recommend making requests on the AX8 Preset Exchange subforum ( http://forum.fractalaudio.com/forums/ax8-preset-exchange.94/ ). If there's a particular preset you're interested in, post it there and some generous member might convert it wholesale for you (especially if it's one they're interested in as well) or export the blocks for you.
-
Austin

Fremen has said he intends on converting a lot of his presets once he has the AX8. Makes me want to loan him mine! I look forward to his work as he has always done magic of the Axe Fx.

The difficulty in importing Axe Fx presets into the AX8 is that you need blocks from a compatible Axe Fx preset, and not the preset itself. In some Axe Fx presets, there might be things you don't have in the AX8 (multiple synth blocks, for instance) so you have to look at that as well. Of course, for someone to convert Axe Fx presets to blocks, they have to have an Axe Fx to do it as Axe-Edit won't do anything without an Axe Fx connected. I have a feeling that some future version of AX8-Edit might have a utility to do this but I don't honestly know if it is possible.

I am blessed to have both and it is a fairly simple process with both connected and Axe-Edit and AX8-Edit both running. Once you see how a preset or two you like is constructed and set, it isn't hard to begin building your own with that as a basis. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom