Another gig with the FX8 - success - and issues

I don't want to duplicate reports if one exists... which is why I wish there was a master bug list!

No, you want to submit which you consider to be duplicates. Do not assume your issues are the same use case. Also having more data on a single bug is always better! Especially if you have 2 or more product dumps to analyze then you are a happy programmer! Duplicates are easy to 'mark as duplicate' on the receiving side. Duplicate bugs also increase priority in some cases due to it's frequency of being reported. (Speaking generally as a software developer)

No, you want to submit which you consider to be duplicates. Do not assume your issues are the same use case. Also having more data on a single bug is always better! Especially if you have 2 or more product dumps to analyze then you are a happy programmer! Duplicates are easy to 'mark as duplicate' on the receiving side. Duplicate bugs also increase priority in some cases due to it's frequency of being reported. (Speaking generally as a software developer)

Grand! Good to know! Now how do I submit a bug? :)

My FX8 does the same thing. I use 'sticky' to switch on scenes and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It goes straight into bank mode. I sometimes have to power cycle the FX8 to get it to snap out of it.

Hope its fixed in the firmware update.

Ditto! I had the same problem yesterday. I reverted to the factory settings and rebooted the FX8. Now, I'm a a bit concerned about utilizing the option during live performances. Also, the section in the manual covering these features needs to be rewritten to include the correct steps and terms – along with a better explanation. I stated in an earlier post that an updated online manual would be great. Ideally, that will occur simultaneously with the release of the firmware update. All this said, the FX8 is a great unit and I’m sure the update will be well worth the wait.

Ditto! I had the same problem yesterday. I reverted to the factory settings and rebooted the FX8. Now, I'm a a bit concerned about utilizing the option during live performances. Also, the section in the manual covering these features needs to be rewritten to include the correct steps and terms – along with a better explanation. I stated in an earlier post that an updated online manual would be great. Ideally, that will occur simultaneously with the release of the firmware update. All this said, the FX8 is a great unit and I’m sure the update will be well worth the wait.

It might be worth also opening a ticket on this... if there were a few - like Brad suggested - it may help!

It might be worth also opening a ticket on this... if there were a few - like Brad suggested - it may help!
Thanks! I just submitted a ticket, along with a link to this thread. I also noted that the manual instructions are incorrect and confusing so I might be simply programming the unit wrong. However, it could be a firmware bug since others are experiencing the same problem.

Thanks! I just submitted a ticket, along with a link to this thread. I also noted that the manual instructions are incorrect and confusing so I might be simply programming the unit wrong. However, it could be a firmware bug since others are experiencing the same problem.

Excellent! Hopefully they'll look at this for FW3 then so!

hmm i gigged the fx8 for a month and almost exclusively used Sticky Scenes mode. never had a problem. i'll check out the reports soon and see if i come across the same thing.

this happened with default settings?

and the specific issue is you press the switch to turn on Sticky Scenes, but it doesn't engage? or some other function engages? (i read the first post, but there's some extraneous statements in there making it difficult to find the exact issue, thanks!)

hmm i gigged the fx8 for a month and almost exclusively used Sticky Scenes mode. never had a problem. i'll check out the reports soon and see if i come across the same thing.

this happened with default settings?

and the specific issue is you press the switch to turn on Sticky Scenes, but it doesn't engage? or some other function engages? (i read the first post, but there's some extraneous statements in there making it difficult to find the exact issue, thanks!)

Yeah sorry for the extraneous statements. I wrote it from memory of a sound check and admit I can't replicate it 100%...

understood and not a problem. just want to make sure i know the correct issue before investigating.

The only thing I can add is that aside from sticky scene the rest of the settinga were default for the switches on mine.

I changed the second one down in the afternoon and it behaved one way. I changed it again at the gig and it bahaved other ways. In the end I put the second option back to default and the top to sticky scenes and it behaved the way I expected. Which I wish they'd change. Lol.

I believe both of us experienced the same flashing LED before it changed from the scene sticky mode to preset up/down mode. Of course, my unit was not in factory default mode. Did I interpret you correctly, TRTTRTTRT ?

I believe both of us experienced the same flashing LED before it changed from the scene sticky mode to preset up/down mode. Of course, my unit was not in factory default mode. Did I interpret you correctly, TRTTRTTRT ?

That is spot on!

And how are we defining default mode?

That is spot on!

And how are we defining default mode?
i meant "haven't changed the Function switch settings" (Looper, Tempo, etc.) = default. either way, it seems like anywhere you put that mode, it shows the issue. i'll probably have to look into this on Friday due to work.

If the scene button is pressed instead of tapped it'll still send you into bank mode no? Sticky'd or not. Correct? Is that what's happening with you guys?

If the scene button is pressed instead of tapped it'll still send you into bank mode no? Sticky'd or not. Correct? IS that what's happening with you guys?

If you're NOT in scene's mode (even with sticky scenes mode active) and LONG press the preset/bank button it NORMALLY takes you to the preset switcher screen.

But that's NOT what I was getting last night at sound check. I got a variety of things. Some of which probably happened because I screwed up where I set the second global setting... others I don't know why... at one point it was going into sticky preset mode even though it was definitely not set to that... and I can't explain that. I really can't vouch exactly for what happened to me, because - as I've said - it was in a soundcheck, etc. What I would say though was that it was not behaving as normal and the modes were seemingly changing of their own free will at one point.

Gotcha, Thanks for the clarification, I was trying to completely understand what was going on. One thing for sure is i'm positive it'll be looked at and resolved. Great group of guys here.

Back
Top Bottom