Another FX8 on eBay.com

People do the same thing with iPhones. Preorder a few and then Ebay them on release as they now stocks are limited.

Wait, wait, the other one in the UK is still there. 20 hours to go still, shipping incl. more than 2170 dollars. I bet it will be sold for more than 2200 dollars. Boys, boys, boys. Would you wait if you had big money or just say to hell with it? - -
Yeah, I figured that... ;-)

Sold! for 2330 dollars, shipping costs of 70 dollars included.

Sold! for 2330 dollars, shipping costs of 70 dollars included.

That's was me I bought that one. It wasn't far off what I would of paid straight from the European distributor. Considering the FX8 is gonna be around 1600 euros when it eventually shows up that's around $1800 something like that. I'm pretty excited I won and didn't think I would of. I'll let you guys know how I get on when it turns up.

That's was me I bought that one. It wasn't far off what I would of paid straight from the European distributor. Considering the FX8 is gonna be around 1600 euros when it eventually shows up that's around $1800 something like that. I'm pretty excited I won and didn't think I would of. I'll let you guys know how I get on when it turns up.

Why would the fX8 cost $500 more from G66 than what they pay in the U.S.A. ?

I asked the guys at g66 and they said the FX8 will be around 1600 euros when it finally arrives. Although that wasn't definite but they seem to think it was about right. And also because we get ripped off over here in the UK that's why.

The FX8 in the US is $1349 which is around £850 in the UK. Obviously G66 have import costs etc and with the euro being pretty bad I'd say that was about right. Ok so I've paid a little more so be it.

I asked the guys at g66 and they said the FX8 will be around 1600 euros when it finally arrives. Although that wasn't definite but they seem to think it was about right. And also because we get ripped off over here in the UK that's why.

The FX8 in the US is $1349 which is around £850 in the UK. Obviously G66 have import costs etc and with the euro being pretty bad I'd say that was about right. Ok so I've paid a little more so be it.
I wasn't criticising in any way, I had worked out the price to be £850 as well, about €1190, at today's rate that's $1350.

I wasn't criticising in any way, I had worked out the price to be £850 as well, about €1190, at today's rate that's $1350.

I didn't think you were criticising. No worries here. Yes I'm afraid it will be a lot more to buy over here in Europe. Hopefully the guys at G66 might be mistaken but I reckon the FX8 will be around £1100-£1200 in europe when its finally released. Even the Axe FX is around £200 more in europe. I know it sucks!.

The same way that a guitar such as a PRS Custom 24 will cost you 2600 GB Pounds (US$4125) in the UK (Anderton's of Guildford price), but the same guitar in the US retails for about $3000.

The same way that a guitar such as a PRS Custom 24 will cost you 2600 GB Pounds (US$4125) in the UK (Anderton's of Guildford price), but the same guitar in the US retails for about $3000.

Looks like feliperigby's idea of having a U.S. Mail forwarding service is a good one then!

Back
Top Bottom