Another Control Switch Question

Okay, finally got to open the preset. I didn't realize you were already using all four channels of the amp block. I'd use two different amp blocks, but I'd use scenes for everything:

Scene 1: Amp Block 1, Channel A: Matchless
Scene 2: Amp Block 1, Channel B: Matchless OD
Scene 3: Amp Block 1, Channel C: Marshall
Scene 4: Amp Block 1, Channel D: Marshall OD
Scene 5: Amp Block 2, Channel A: Mesa
Scene 6: Amp Block 2, Channel B; Fender

I'd just have both amp blocks feeding into a multiplexer. This way you don't even have to deal with modifiers for your basic amp settings.

Okay, finally got to open the preset. I didn't realize you were already using all four channels of the amp block. I'd use two different amp blocks, but I'd use scenes for everything:

Scene 1: Amp Block 1, Channel A: Matchless
Scene 2: Amp Block 1, Channel B: Matchless OD
Scene 3: Amp Block 1, Channel C: Marshall
Scene 4: Amp Block 1, Channel D: Marshall OD
Scene 5: Amp Block 2, Channel A: Mesa
Scene 6: Amp Block 2, Channel B; Fender

I'd just have both amp blocks feeding into a multiplexer. This way you don't even have to deal with modifiers for your basic amp settings.
Nice effort to help out! I appreciate the time you spent. I'm going to make the changes you recommended but I'll have to check out the Multiplexer. Haven't used it yet but I'll get on learning about it.

Nice effort to help out! I appreciate the time you spent. I'm going to make the changes you recommended but I'll have to check out the Multiplexer. Haven't used it yet but I'll get on learning about it.

Cool! This is just one way to do it, to me much simpler. Basically the multiplexer is like a routing switch. One way to use it is to have both amp blocks stacked on the same column, each feeding into the multiplexer. I altered your preset with the way I would do it. I just increased the gain knobs for your Matchless and Plexi scenes to random amounts and got rid of the modifiers. This at least gives you an idea of a way to go about it. If you open it in FM9-Edit, just press the Block Info button under the scene buttons to see what's going on with the blocks for every scene. I have an Axe-FX III, so that's what I had to edit on, and hopefully that translated properly to the FM9!

Attachments

• Dan's Main Rig Multiplexed.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
I realized my suggestion of the multiplexer is actually not necessary at all. I used that a ton in the days before gapless switching. Now you can just have two amp blocks on the same column going into a cab and use scenes to decide which is bypassed.

Back
Top Bottom