Another Axe Fx Name Time Out after FW 9.0

cellopet

Inspired
Hi Guys.
I had Axe Fx Name Time out error some time ago, that disappeared changing my ethernet CAT 5 cable.
Now i upgraded the Axe Fx II FW to 9, and my MFC start again the Time Out problem, but now the Axe go crushing! I can't touch any button on the Axe fx because everything is stopped and nothing happened. Yes, there is tje sound of the last preset loade but i can't change present neither MFC not Axe! Everything is down...i turn off the power and it goes ok...but after some changing preset on the MFC the problem is again there....
I don't know what to do

Do you have the USB Adapter Mode "on" or "off"? (It is on the I/O button, "Midi" tab).

If you have it "on" with no USB connected that might be your issue. They are looking into it now. Turn the USB Adapter mode to off and see if that fixes it.

Hey Scott, it seems to work!!!
But to use Axe Edit, must i turn yhe adapter mode to ON?
Thanks so much
Cello

I was having this same issue.
And I always thought that I needed to keep the USB adapter ON to use AxeEdit.
Thanks Scott!

And I always thought that I needed to keep the USB adapter ON to use AxeEdit.

No, this is unrelated to Axe-Edit or anything where just the Axe-Fx and a computer are involved.

AFAIK, USB adapter is if you'd utilize the Axe-Fx as a midi interface, e.g. connecting a synth's midi out to the Axe's midi in and record that with the computer.

Back
Top Bottom