Annoying "squeek" or "pop" happening when switching presets.

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
This may have developed after updating to the beta firmware or it may have been happening before that.
I'm not sure.
It seems to be getting worse though.
I've attached 2 of the offending the Presets to this post.
Switching back and forth between them should trigger the pop on your system too whether using FRFR (via Out 1) or Cabs w/no Cab Block (via Out 2).

But in both these Presets I'm using:
1. A commercial User IR. (It's an EVM-12L so try Factory Cab #8 with high and low cuts to taste.)
2. I'm using Global Blocks for almost every effect in the Layout.
But they should be unlinked after the Export procedure.
3. I have an External Controller assigned to the Vol Block.

So these Presets may not behave the same way on your system.

Also...
I have spillover set to Both (Rev and Dly).

Happy to provide any other details y'all might need to make a diagnosis.
I think, in the meantime, I'll try rolling back to the last non-beta firmware and see if there's any difference.

Attachments

• J1 HB.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
  • B1 HB.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
After reloading my pre-beta presets and Q10.1, the popping is lessened somewhat but it's still there when switching between Presets with an amp block set up for a clean sound and a Preset with a mid or hi gain sound.
Switching between clean Presets doesn't seem to do it.
Neither does switching between overdriven Presets.

Whereas, iirc, switching between any 2 Presets, with the beta firmware loaded and my Bank A that was saved with that firmware, seems to trigger it.
And it's worse with the beta firmware.
Not sure if that's the firmware's fault or the fault of the way those Presets have been slightly edited since loading the beta.

At first when I started troubleshooting this I assumed it would related to Spillover, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
In the past I sometimes had issues like this arise if the Layouts between Presets were markedly different and I was trying use Spillover.
But all my Presets use the exact same Layout at the moment.
They differ primarily by the Global Blocks assigned per Effects Block in each Preset.

Any idea what's going on?

Back
Top Bottom