Announcing Fractal-Bot 1.0!

First try with FW10.00 failed. Tried it again without restarting or changing anything and it worked well. Guess the first time Windows did a burp or something alike....mine is doing that often enough.

F-Bot is great. A no-brainer. Thank you!

First try with FW10.00 failed. Tried it again without restarting or changing anything and it worked well. Guess the first time Windows did a burp or something alike....mine is doing that often enough.

F-Bot is great. A no-brainer. Thank you!

Same here. Only difference is, at first I used an other usb port instead of the one I always use with the Axe-Fx. On 2nd try I used the "correct" one and everything went fine.

A short report on Fractal Bot

Under OSX 10.7.4 with a i5 Quadcore and 64bit mode - CPU load goes up to 100%, without doing anything! It was fine enough to update my AxeFx II but the fans on my Mac running pretty damn high!

just some feedback....

Cheers
Paco

Doesn't appear to work for MFC update. I'm trying to go from 2.13 to 2.15 and per Bot, it loads successfully and says to reboot MFC. I never get a change in display on the MFC...continues to show "FW Update Mode". A reboot and recheck still show 2.13. Any suggestions?

Doesn't appear to work for MFC update. I'm trying to go from 2.13 to 2.15 and per Bot, it loads successfully and says to reboot MFC. I never get a change in display on the MFC...continues to show "FW Update Mode". A reboot and recheck still show 2.13. Any suggestions?

Did you hook up your MIDI cable correctly?

Fractal bot worked flawlessly for me on my just over a week old v9 axe ii. Had a small issue with driver installation (error 100, then 105 on second installation attempt) third time driver installed and I was able to successfully update to version 10.

Sounds like something isn't hooked up correctly or perhaps the wrong midi port is selected. You should see the update percentage change on the display as Fractal-Bot transmits the file. Also, if you're using the Axe-Fx as the interface to send the update with make sure you've turned 'USB adapter mode' to 'on' and that 'send real time sysex' is set to 'none.'

Last night I had a dream that a robot became self-aware and took over the world (yes I know it's not as grand as Dr King's dream). There was then a nuclear war. I thought that self-aware robots taking over the world were supposed to stop this sort of thing. It did build me a sexy lady robot, but I never did think to ask where it got the parts. Good workmanship though. :D

Thank you for all the goodies that have come our way.

Can I download the USB drivers on a system with Windows XP, Microsoft is giving me a stern warning not to do it.

I do need those drivers even with the bot don't I?

I'm a noob and have assumed that the CAT5 interface between the Axe and MFC is all the connectivity that's required. The bot shows the progress bar and says its 100 % complete and that I should reboot the MFC. I did setup the USB to on and real time sysex to none as instructed. Sorry if I'm missing the obvious here and thanks for the help guys.

The MFC-101 can't be updated via CAT5. You need to connect it to your Axe-Fx via MIDI cable. Other than that it sounds like you've got everything else setup correctly!

Back
Top Bottom