Animals As Leaders / Tosin Abasi (Request)

Norstorm

Anyone nailed the Abasi tone, yet?

I tried both tweaking my own tone, and tried a few for download.. like bulb and djent tones, but it just don't work.
The tone Abasi uses seems to be something else.
It got more bass fluids, and still punches through the mids and "chugga chugga" feeling..

I'm playing the stock RG2228 from Ibanez, with no modifications..

Definitely second this request, more so because I'm really curious as to how Abasi gets that massive sound, rather than because it's a tone I'd like to incorporate into my own music. People say the FAS modern and the German cab are good starting points but I'd really like to know what Abasi's settings are....

Here's a starting point:

"IC: What about your distortion sounds?

TA: I’m into blending tones, so for my clean I blend two amps, and then for the distortion I blend two, as well. I’ve been using the Diezel VH4 [Das Metall] setting, which is very mid-rangey, but still has that modern rapid bass response, that tight, focused low-end. I’ll blend that with a more organic amp, like the Fractal model called Crunch. It’s like a very driven tube preamp, so I’ll just crank the mids on that and create a balance between the two. It sounds pretty good."

Well I saw an answer from Misha on his formspring about the AAL album. And He Used a Pod X3 for that album. No Axe FX.

Back
Top Bottom