Andy Wood & Andy Timmons together in Raleigh July 21-24

Paul Warren

Newly minted Fractal artist Andy Wood will be joining us this summer with Andy Timmons for the RMA Summer Guitar Workshop at the Raleigh Music Academy. There are 2 day and 4 day packages for the classes and clinics available. Both Andy Timmons and Andy Wood will have separate performance clinics in addition to teaching classes on guitar tone, chickin' pickin', songwriting and more. This is a small, intimate gathering where you get to spend a LOT of time with the artists and teachers. Check out the site for more info, Youtube videos, class schedules etc. Andy Wood joined us last summer with Guthrie Govan and Mattias Eklundh, so I'm excited to see him together with Timmons. You can't go wrong with two Andys. :)

By the way, Andy Wood will perform his solo material and more with a full band on the night of his performance clinic. I have the honor of playing rhythm for him so I know I'll be using my Ultra. :)

Sounds excellent! I'd love to be there. Hmm, I have tons of family in Durham and Chapel Hill. Wonder if I could "invite myself over" for a few days? : :lol:

darn. i live in raleigh... but ill be in hawaii then. i guess thats not a darn as ive never been to hawaii but i would love to see timmons at some point.

Anybody who can do it, I'm here to tell you that you won't regret it. :) I think the hardest thing we have to convince people of is how small this truly is. It is the next best thing to having private lessons with Andy Timmons & Andy Wood. Here's some pics of last year's and you can see how small the class size is: http://rmaweb.com/2009photos.html

I'm only able to get Timmons out here every 3 or 4 years and this is the only time he ever comes to NC, so yeah, it's rare. :) Andy Wood will be back with us again as we're discussing some other possibilities for the future. We're going to get as much of Andy Wood as we can before he takes over the world. :cool:

paul

Back
Top Bottom