And the new king of rock tone is ..... Cameron Ch. 2

Agreed on the HBE now,.was messing with it last night through headphones and it had that great, Marshally mid-attack....been trying to find that in the JVM...

Cameron into a Dr. Z Stangray/ Z-Best Cab

I plugged an Axe-FX 2 into the return of my effects loop (just using power amp) in my Dr. Z Stangray head and Zbest 212 cabinet.
Speakers are a Celestion G12-65 and a G12H30. The Cameron Ch. 2 preset ROCKS. I am stoked. No power amp sims, or speaker sims. Dig it!

Yeah it seems harsh but you gotta hear it in a mix / band.

I'd love to...
Untitled-1.jpg

I audition all my patches in a mix. Fired the rest of the band years ago.

Just need to rock it again with open ears and an open mind!

Yeah it seems harsh but you gotta hear it in a mix / band.

And THAT is where its at.

[Follow with probably obvious and boring observations about finding particular spaces in a sonic niche when mixing and cetera...]

Reactions: yek
Yek, took your advice. Love this one. I just opened up the cab filters all the way and turned off the bright switch. It was right there. My new rock rhythm amp! Still working on a pedal I like for leads.

I play a Parker so I've always got more high end than most guitars. V5 really lets you know!

Yek, took your advice. Love this one. I just opened up the cab filters all the way and turned off the bright switch. It was right there. My new rock rhythm amp! Still working on a pedal I like for leads.

I play a Parker so I've always got more high end than most guitars. V5 really lets you know!
Whats a cab filter?

Yeah, but the high end in V5 is much more pleasing than before.

Pedal: I like the stock T808 with Drive at 3.5, Tone at 5 and Level at 7 or so.

Okay, on board with this as well. NEVER used this amp model before last night. Just hadn't hit my radar until this thread came up. I had the new NX-10 as well and it sounds amazing. Nice thick crunchy goodness. Sadly, I spent half the night chasing my tail. I had tweaked stuff at home by using the overall output level, which turned down the out1 just fine. But out2 stayed full. So...I changed patched and walked away, talked, whatever. Came back and little or nothing was coming out of the NX. Went through cables etc. At some point it came alive-panic subsided and I stayed on the CAM most of the night. That and an ODS clean patch. Towards the end of the night I hit my bogner patch and ...... same thing. Learn something new every day with this thing. Overall volume control is fine-if you don't use an FXloop. Oh well, fixed and moving on to the next unforseen lesson. On the plus side, spent a lot of time editing through the front panel this week, and can do pretty much anything I need to now. Forced learning can be a good thing. Not that I would blow off an ipad app or two.

Thanks Yek,
For sure I find it "Gritty" in a good way. Will try in a band mix tomorrow.

Yeah, but the high end in V5 is much more pleasing than before.

Pedal: I like the stock T808 with Drive at 3.5, Tone at 5 and Level at 7 or so.

The V5 high end is so much more musical.
Thanks for giving me a tip to try a road I probably wouldn't have gone down on my own!

Back
Top Bottom