and now a demo of a different kind...

noisetheorem

As possibly the only keyboard player with an Axe-Fx Ultra, I feel *compelled* to post a demo or two. Maybe, eventually, Ill find others...

http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem/noisetheorem-cold

This is basically a sound demo of me messing with a PolyEvolver keyboard with its VCA open so all 4 voices drown. I edit the synth and my Axe-Fx Ultra over the course of the demo.

This is a two track stereo recording with no edits. Its not the most masterfully recorded thing I have done, and its definitely more an experiment than a song.

Hope some of you might enjoy it!

Beautiful stuff. I'd love to hear you work some more voices and sequenced pitch-shifted delays in there for super-ethereal/trippy sounding stuff. :cool:

Thanks! This was done with basically zero knowledge of the Axe-Fx - I'd had it for about an hour when I decided to record a quick demo. Through the weekend, Ive started to get progressively more interesting results.

I really need to get a foot controller or some other means of parameter control so I can make the FX more dynamic. Probably going to pick up a Behringer FCB1010 or some equivalent.

I can't wait to check out your clip! I've often wondered what I could come up with if I combined the Axe-FX with a keyboard. I've never really had the time to mess with it though.

D

Always liked syths for that kind of sounds.

I would be nice if you played it first without the axe-fx, so we could hear what difference the axe-fx makes on the sound.

Wonderfull!

Yeah, I should have thought to split the signal and record it dry as well as wet. I was just doing a quick one take demo, so I didnt think through it that far...

Something for next time!

Back
Top Bottom