Ancient midi controller day: GR33

JTI

Power User
So I've been using the Helix as my midi controller for the III. Super, super capable. After practice this week; I decided I'd leave it at the spot. Mainly because I am tired of lugging everything back and forth.

Remembered I had my old GR33 at home and as I had been thinking on possibly using the GR55 as a controller. I got bored and dug into the manual of the 33. I think I have a winner. One that already is paid for and not serving any other purpose currently :D

Had to reorganize my presets on the Axe, but that was a non-issue. You can assign PC values to GR33 presets, assign a cc value to the expression pedal as well as set additional values to CC0 and CC32 that the GR provides on a per preset basis. With the robust midi capabilities of the Axe; pretty darn good. Preset gap is non-existent to my ears on the 33 compared to the "what seems like an eternity" gap between GR55 presets.

I use onboard expression pedal of the 33 to crossfade between my guitar and synth tones. I use the other 4 buttons per bank to select presets. It works like a charm. I am going to rethink some things as far as assigning controls to CC0 and CC32 and see if I can combine that with "Ignore redundant PC" to utilize a second press of each footswitch to add a second layer of functionality. Yeah; it's not the new FC :( but it works great at this point. And it's paid for :D

Back
Top Bottom