Analyze this!

Sixstring

Legend!
So I have 3 questions,

1. Can someone tell me why there is a cable coming down from the upper left hand corner of the input? I can't seem to get rid of it and figured it was a byproduct of using Fractool.

2. The other thing I have discovered is that if I try to recreate this preset from scratch using the same settings in all of the blocks it sounds very different.

3. The last issue I have is, I have noticed a crackling sound in the clean in this preset once I added a compressor. Now deleting the compressor then re adding it seems to fix the issue but I'm going to reserve that claim until I have had a chance to power cycle the unit a few time just to make sure. Just curious if anyone else has had the issue.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 4.03.13 PM.png

you're on 1.04 beta and i don't think there was an updated version of Edit yet. it's possible the connector could be due to that. probably just a visual glitch.

without having the preset file, we can't compare it vs building a new one to verify what you're hearing.

you're on 1.04 beta and i don't think there was an updated version of Edit yet. it's possible the connector could be due to that. probably just a visual glitch.

without having the preset file, we can't compare it vs building a new one to verify what you're hearing.

Sorry Forgot to attach it!

Attachments

• Boston.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
I get that too when using Fractool to covert my old AX8 presets to FM3. Can’t figure it out to remove it. I’m using the 1.04 Beta 6 with the latest FM3 Edit.

I wondered if it has something to do with either Fractool or the BETA firmware or both IDK I'm not a software guy so I will leave that to the people that live in that world!

I was just wondering if there was a way to either get rid of it or build the preset from scratch which I did attempt to do but with a different sounding result then the converted AX8 file.

finally got to try this out.

the line going to the input block is probably from FracTool. once you move the In block around then back, it disappears. Al G might have to look at that for the conversion process.

for the compressor crackle, i'm not getting that with the preset as downloaded. did this happen only when you rebuilt the preset?

i notice on the parallel Delay and Chorus block, the Mix on both is not 100%. this means you're adding a bunch of duplicate dry signal back into the main row when they connect and you would probably turn the Drive or Amp block down more than it needs to. i'd suggest changing Delay and Chorus block mix to 100% as that's usually how to handle Parallel Effects. then you might need to adjust Amp or Drive block levels, but it should work better in the long run.

i don't have time to try rebuilding it from scratch to test. does it sound better or worse when you do that, or just "different"? what kind of differences?

it could come down to the FracTool import as well. since the recent betas are changing the firmware, maybe it's not porting right just yet?

hard to say. preset sounds cool though!

finally got to try this out.

the line going to the input block is probably from FracTool. once you move the In block around then back, it disappears. Al G might have to look at that for the conversion process.

for the compressor crackle, i'm not getting that with the preset as downloaded. did this happen only when you rebuilt the preset?

i notice on the parallel Delay and Chorus block, the Mix on both is not 100%. this means you're adding a bunch of duplicate dry signal back into the main row when they connect and you would probably turn the Drive or Amp block down more than it needs to. i'd suggest changing Delay and Chorus block mix to 100% as that's usually how to handle Parallel Effects. then you might need to adjust Amp or Drive block levels, but it should work better in the long run.

i don't have time to try rebuilding it from scratch to test. does it sound better or worse when you do that, or just "different"? what kind of differences?

it could come down to the FracTool import as well. since the recent betas are changing the firmware, maybe it's not porting right just yet?

hard to say. preset sounds cool though!

Thanks a lot Chris! I was beginning to wonder if you were taking this from a support standpoint which is was not meant to be that at all.

As to the crackling I can get it to happen when building a preset from scratch! It doesn't seem to matter which type of compressor you use either. Simply shunting it then re adding it back in the chain fixes the issue!

As to how the scratch built preset sounded verses the converted one, it sounded more open which surprised me a little. I'm holding off on porting over any other of my AX8 presets until AI G has a chance to look at things a little closer.

I'm still tuning on this preset to see how close I can get to "that sound" and have changed up a few things in the preset getting closer!

I will try your suggestion on the mix and the input block, just trying to keep things studio sounding with respect to the effects.

Shaka Brah!

Back
Top Bottom