Analog OUTPUTs / INPUTs 3/4 Effects loop signals

Hi,

I'm using two external units that have two channels each that are in series. So that's two units with four total signals that you can look at as a series pair for left running parallel to a series pair for right.

The first channel in the LEFT series is designed to be placed immediately after guitar and before the amp. The second channel in the LEFT series is designed to be placed after the preamp and before time based effects (delay, reverb). The Right series unit is the exact same.

So as I'm physically and electronically grid wiring this in using OUTPUTs and INPUTs (3L for left channel one series and 4L for left channel two series). Respectively using 3R and 4R for the right channel series.

What does work correctly is that when physically wiring the left channel I get a solid signal that is desired.

The issue I'm getting is that when only wiring the right channel series using 3R and 4R I'm getting a signal but nothing like the hard wire left channel, in that a signal is coming through and can be panned but faint and unusable for my needs.

My first trouble shoot was to look at the GLOBAL Audio I/O configurations. Regardless with the settings when completely eliminating the two external units and physically hardwiring OUT3L to IN3L and OUT4L to IN4L the signal is great but when wired OUT3R to IN3R and OUT 4R to IN4R the signal is unusable.

See attached screenshot for preset grid connections and Global I/O config...

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.09.39.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.09.39.png
    765.2 KB · Views: 19
Check the amp block's Input Select parameter. Amp blocks are mono so you won't actually get stereo sound through it, but if it's set to "left" you might just be hearing some crosstalk when trying the right channel of the Out3-In3 loop.

You want to have both chanels together or toggle left/right? I have 2 pedals connected to out4/in4 (one L, 2nd R) and I switch between them using amp channels that have left or right input.

Check the amp block's Input Select parameter. Amp blocks are mono so you won't actually get stereo sound through it, but if it's set to "left" you might just be hearing some crosstalk when trying the right channel of the Out3-In3 loop.
Still the same problem

You want to have both chanels together or toggle left/right? I have 2 pedals connected to out4/in4 (one L, 2nd R) and I switch between them using amp channels that have left or right input.
I want them to be parallel for L/R. Before I add a parallel AMP/CAB and effects chain I'm trying to resolve the basic function of the signal routing

Zrzut ekranu 2022-02-12 o 17.51.40.pngZrzut ekranu 2022-02-12 o 17.51.10.png
The problems are the summations at the input of amp and cab blocks. You should use 2 amps pararelly (one with input left, 2nd input right), the before out 4 you should use mixer block to set up both routes left/right. Then there should be 2 parallel cab blocks with inputs right/left and mixer block after cabs to mix to taste.

So I patched the right channels for both OUTs 3 & 4 taking the suggestion of setting up parallel AMPs and CABs while panning them respectively L & R. I was able to achieve what I'm looking for, though it oddly seems that the right channels of both INs/OUTs of 3 & 4 are dependent on the original mono signal coming from OUT 3L. Without physically routing OUT 3L nor the actual parallel pairs of AMPs and CABs channel R for both doesn't seem to work. I've attached a screenshot of the grid and global I/O settings. AMPs and CABs are panned respectively: top row Left bottom row Right...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 21.02.29.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 21.02.29.png
    627.4 KB · Views: 10
It sounds like you probably have both amp blocks' "Input Select" parameter set to "left". You need to set one to "right" if you want it to use the signal from In 3R with that routing.

It sounds like you probably have both amp blocks' "Input Select" parameter set to "left". You need to set one to "right" if you want it to use the signal from In 3R with that routing.
What you say makes sense but that's not the case. Top AMP and CAB are both Input L and bottom AMP and CAB are both Input R

If I go to the setup in this attachment and only hardwire the Right from out to in, no external devices the week 'airy' unusable signal is present and not a nice solid one if I setup on the Left. In this diagram AMP is Sum and CAB is R..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 22.28.23.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 22.28.23.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 9
Have you tried to switch sides of external devices?Maybe the problem is with output signal from device coming to IN3R...
Makes sense but I'm completely bypassing the external devices with physical hardwiring. I'm referring to hardwiring the INs and OUTs of 3 & 4 without any external hardware.

Makes sense but I'm completely bypassing the external devices with physical hardwiring. I'm referring to hardwiring the INs and OUTs of 3 & 4 without any external hardware.
Then try to cross the inputs L to R. Could be bad cable, bad plug or defect of Axe. I have checked in my unit, everything works well.

Sorry it's taking so long to response, I wear many hats.

So I'm creating a parallel signal rig. Before I connect external gear with I/Os 3 & 4 I'm hardwiring them in the back of the AF3, I made all cables and they all check-out good with a volt meter. Yes, I created my own humbuster cables for the OUTs of 3 & 4.

When I create a single channel preset and set the AMP and CAB to left inputs and only hard-wire Left of 3 & 4, the signal is solid and usable.
When using the same preset and set the AMP and CAB to right inputs and only hard-wire Right of 3 & 4, the signal is there but unusable.

Then when I use the same single channel preset and set the inputs to SUM and STEREO with hardwiring L & R of 3 & 4 I get a usable signal from both left and right with the right slightly delayed.

Not sure what's happening or why.

Back
Top Bottom