Analog mixer to USB B on FM3?

Fredlos120

Inspired
Presently running iPad with backing tracks through usb on FM3. Works fine. Is it possible to run the iPad through an analog mixer (for more control of volume and EQ) into the usb of the FM3?

USB B is a client port, not a host port. It has to be connected to a host computer to function. The Analog mixer would likely not have USB capabilities, nor could it daisy chain devices with the FM3 even if it did. You can possibly find an iOS app to get easier volume control and even EQ of its audio output. The iPad should also have some native EQ options under Settings > Music > EQ.

Last edited:
USB B is a client port, not a host port. It has to be connected to a host computer to function. The Analog mixer would likely not have USB capabilities, nor could it daisy chain devices with the FM3 even if it did. You can possibly find an iOS app to get easier volume control and even EQ of its audio output. The iPad should also have some native EQ options under Settings > Music > EQ.
Thank you, Mr F - always appreciate. Yes, I did find an app, Stage Traxx 3, that does have song volume and EQ and it is working out. Full disclosure, I am navigating between speakers. Was using QSC K10's and like them, but they are heavy. In an attempt to lighten the load, I tried QSC CP8's. Backing tracks sound good, but guitar/FM3, lacking. I am now working with Redsound Elis.8's. Guitar sounds best, but tracks were lacking. I am getting there with the Volume and EQ within ST3. Before, with QSC's, I was running FM3 and iPad into a QSC Touchmix 8 mixer. I do enjoy the easy control of volumes and EQ, even on the fly if needed. I was told that the Elis.8's are best when the FM3 is directly connected to them.

Back
Top Bottom