Amps making Babies

Dino334

Inspired
What do you get when you leave a Mesa Roadking/Roadster alone with an EVH 5150iii overnight at a secluded and romantic studio? The Modern III !!!! I'll be honest, I've never been too fond of the FAS modern amps and generally stuck with the trusty 5153 or HBE, but this one blew me away! I will still occasionally go full on traditional with my tube heads, using mostly my roadster and/or 5153. And I have on occasion ran them in stereo...and I'm telling you using the Modern III into the power section of my Mesa and into my mesa cabs sounds like the perfect blend I'd get when using my roadster and 5153 heads together. The bite and cut of the 5153 and the growl and push of the roadster. Cliff & Co., you've just produced my newest favorite amp on my XL!

Now as far as the flanger and chorus goes, all jacked up. I know, I read the release notes. Just have to tweak them a little and and I'm back in business.

Thanks again FAS! You've truly made me smile on a daily basis since I've got my AxeFX XL...and this coming from one of those (ahem) former "tube snobs" who is definitely a convert and a believer in this little magical black box.

Back
Top Bottom