Amps and cabs not turning off with global switches

paticus

I’m playing my FM9 in front of a live amp and cab, so I want to bypass all amp and cab blocks on the existing presets.

In the global settings, I turned off/bypassed amp modeling and cabs, but all of my presets still have amps and cabs enabled. I also tried to toggle the setting from the setup menu in Axe Edit.

I’ve reset the system parameters and reuploaded all the stock presets.

I’m running beta 2.0.

Am I misunderstanding what this setting does?

Yes, you are misunderstanding.

See this section in the manual, but the short answer is: this does not bypass the blocks and only partially affects the Amp block. You would want to bypass the Amp block.

6E347AD6-7A73-4EEF-9003-1F0CE3620444.jpeg

Yes, you are misunderstanding.

See this section in the manual, but the short answer is: this does not bypass the blocks and only partially affects the Amp block. You would want to bypass the Amp block.

View attachment 96564
Ah ok I get it now. So an amp block has both pre and power amp modeling, and that setting turns off the power section only. I’m guessing that configuration (pre amp modeling only) is for running into my real amp’s effects loop, bypassing the pre amp.

Ah ok I get it now. So an amp block has both pre and power amp modeling, and that setting turns off the power section only. I’m guessing that configuration (pre amp modeling only) is for running into my real amp’s effects loop, bypassing the pre amp.
Yes, or some external tube power amps.

You can also copy the presets you want to use To new locations and then delete the amp and cab blocks in those presets. I also was have a few pedalboard presets with NO amp and NO cab blocks just for those situations that i only have a physical amp to lay thorugh and with no effects loop on the amp. The 500+ presest Slots. Might as well use them. :)

i also have a set with no cab block just the amp block incase i am faced with just using the effects return /power amp in of a amp. :-0)

my overall prefrenece though is to go straight into the PA with full modeling :)

Back
Top Bottom