Amplifier Choice + additional question

nateb

Inspired
First off all, this is directed to the people that have used both solid state and tube poweramp stages to power the Axe-FX. I really would like to hear from you guys.

Second of all, currently, I am very satisfied with the ultra so far. I currently have it hooked up to through a VHT 2:90:2(voicing enabled) going out stereo to two Bogner Uberkabs. It sounds full, punchy, and very responsive. Obviously I currently have the poweramp sims off and the cab sims off. I did this because I am a simple man. I tried going through to powered FRFR system and couldn't get into it.

Now the quest'ns ::

I have a QSC GX5 Amplifier in my posession. Would I be able to get similar results out of the GX5 with the power amp modeling turned on? What would your choice be?
http://www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/gx/gx.htm

The second question is How the hell do you return an effect block to its default settings (amp or effect) I know this has been answered before but, I cannot find it.

You guys have been an fantastic resource, thanks for your help.

-Nate

nateb said:
First off all, this is directed to the people that have used both solid state and tube poweramp stages to power the Axe-FX. I really would like to hear from you guys.

Second of all, currently, I am very satisfied with the ultra so far. I currently have it hooked up to through a VHT 2:90:2(voicing enabled) going out stereo to two Bogner Uberkabs. It sounds full, punchy, and very responsive. Obviously I currently have the poweramp sims off and the cab sims off. I did this because I am a simple man. I tried going through to powered FRFR system and couldn't get into it.

Now the quest'ns ::

I have a QSC GX5 Amplifier in my posession. Would I be able to get similar results out of the GX5 with the power amp modeling turned on? What would your choice be?
http://www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/gx/gx.htm

The second question is How the hell do you return an effect block to its default settings (amp or effect) I know this has been answered before but, I cannot find it.

You guys have been an fantastic resource, thanks for your help.

-Nate

I would bet you can get real close with the QSC with the amp sims, your just going to have to tune it in. I belive to restore the defaults in any block you press and hold the bypass button.

Back
Top Bottom