AmpKit

What has surprised me is that in the wonderful world of apple where everything is supposed to be cotton candy and unicorns, the dock connector and peripheral compatibility is nothing like uniform. Compatibility with various devices seems to be a crapshot and Apple seems to change the specifications over time so that older peripherals don't work anymore. There doesn't even seem to be an obvious way to figure out what generation of itouch you have.

On the other hand, this sort of thing isn't even possible on other devices (as they currently exist) so you take what you can get and this is pretty cool that it even exists and is this usable.

I'm really liking AmpKit... I was looking at one of the headphone input devices but kept reading about headphone feedback and crosstalk... I see the Apogee Jam is $100... and I just read that the Line 6 Mobile In is going to be $79.99 MSRP which will probably put it at around $49.99 - $59.99 range and then I will be able to use it with AmpKit... the inclusion of the Line 6 POD app will just be a "bonus"... or maybe not... depending on how you look at it... hahahahaha

The question I have is how do you power your iDevice once the Apogee Jam or Line 6 Mobile In is plugged in?

I think there will be a whole slew of interfaces soon.

I bought Ampkit long ago, havent yet tested 1.2 but I was a little disgusted with the headphone jack interface.

I think it is possible to use some USB audio interfaces through the camera connection kit with an ipad but its a crapshot as to which ones. They have to be USB Class Compliant (i.e. work with no drivers on a computer) The Apogee Jam is very small and pretty convenient despite using a senseless proprietary cable.

I think it is possible to use some USB audio interfaces through the camera connection kit with an ipad but its a crapshot as to which ones. They have to be USB Class Compliant (i.e. work with no drivers on a computer) The Apogee Jam is very small and pretty convenient despite using a senseless proprietary cable.

I just did some research yesterday regarding the camera connection kit for USB drives and it turns out Apple did some castrating on the iPad... Starting with 4.2.1 they lowered the power available to USB devices from 100 milliamps to 20 milliamps... So that probably won't power any USB compliant sound cards...

Can anyone tell me if I can use the Amplink directly into an amp.And if so how.
I have a crate bottom,and a crate head. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom