Amp reset logic regarding snapshot...

mwd

Power User
I followed updates tightly and reset my amps, loaded new versions of the presets, etc. My buddy just updated from 15 to 21 on Axe III and we're going thru amp resetting, as needed, on his rig. It's been a while so could you help me with some logic. I have a super hard time getting my sound back so I would like to avoid a repeat.

For example a preset sounds wonky after the update. I make a copy of it and also take a snapshot. Then reset the amp.

So if the new preset sounds worse, and I restore the snapshot, have I accomplished an amp reset and returned to my original settings or have I accomplished nothing and still need the amp reset.

Correct, only do the reset if the amp sounds worse to you after upgrading the firmware. Don’t do it “just ‘cause”. Using your ears still applies.

Reverting to a previous snapshot or restoring the previously saved version will return the settings to what they were before, and will undo the reset; You will be back to the original settings.

PS - If your amps are based on ones from factory presets, grab the blocks from the current factory presets. They were touched up for the same reasons so you should be close to the sound you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom