Amp models that surprised you

I've dialed a pretty cool modern high gain tone with the Hot Kitty model. Not sure if thats a suprise to anyone else but i usually use 5150's so it was to me.
just found the kitty recently while building a patch for Bad Case of Loving You. Been testing against a few others (5150 50w Blue, Brit Silver, Brit 800). Mapping amp channel changes to a CS has been helpful.

Recently, for me, it's been pushing the FAS Crunch with different drives. The FAS models are overlooked WAY too often. Of course the Dyna Cabs too. Most my presets are slowly changing over to those. Funny thing is I wasn't a fan of Dyna Cabs at first.

All of them surprised me, for some reason none of the hundreds of models made me sound any better and I am almost ready to consider the possibility that I actually need to practice instead of fiddle. Almost.

I am almost ready to consider the possibility that I actually need to practice instead of fiddle. Almost.
STOP IT!
Don't fall for this trap! So many did, just look at all these people posting recordings and presets! Some of them even make albums - ridiculous to even consider that!
Take a break from playing, buy a few more guitars and start again
I'm sure you didn't try all possible combinations of drives and amps yet!
Don't give up! We stand behind you!

Back
Top Bottom