Amp Matching Tutorial?

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
I've been a long time Axe-fx User and I've been using my Mesa Triple Rectifier almost exclusively since I can't seem to match the tone in the Axe with what I'm getting with the Triple Rec. I did a search for a video tutorial on how to amp match but I only see how to tone match which doesn't go over the need for an IR, mics and pre amps and such. I'm hoping someone can point me to a video tutorial since I'm much more of a visual learner.

The reason I want to try to use the Axe is I was being a "good guy" and moved my amp/cab/guitar out of the way near a loading dock so a truck can have more room to get in after a show we did. My good deed caused me to drop my amp and several of the tubes came loose. Next time I tried to turn it on, it didn't. All in all the amp tech said it needed new tubes and some other stuff. $300 later, it turns on. I'm contemplating coming back to my Axe if I can amp match my Triple Rec. Once I do that, I may move from the Axe-fx II MK1 to an AX8 if I can find someone to trade with.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom