Amp Matching Help

Satch4u3

Experienced
I have owned the Axe Fx 2 for around 2 years now and this is my first attempt at amp matching. I have Marshall JVM410HJS into a TwoNotes Torpedo Live that I am trying to match and I seem to be having some issues. I think I may know where the problem is maybe you guys can confirm or deny. Here's how I have everything setup from looking at the available amp matching PDF.

Guitar in to a Radial BigShot ABY switch > Output A into Axefx2 > Output B into > Marshall JVM410HJS

For monitoring I have Output 1 Left from AxeFx2 going into a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 input 1 and output from the Torpedo going to Input 2 of the Focusrite. I can toggle the ABY switch and I can hear both fine in my headphones that are connected to the headphone input of the Focusrite. From the Focusrite balanced monitor output I am going into the Input 2 Left of the AxeFX2. This is where I think the issue lays because when I Solo the reference tone that I have a midi controller setup to do, I cannot hear any reference tone. I have in the I/O Menu, set everything that the PDF states to do. In the AUDIO menu INPUT 2 MODE is set to LEFT ONLY.

What do you guys think or is there something else that I am missing. Thanks for your help!

Hi Paranoid. Thanks for your response. I actually went through this wiki page already. Everything seems to be connected correctly.

i'm sorry I guess I did not read the wiki properly I thought it was typed that you send guitar to axe front input, connect output 2left to your amp connect your amp to your amp cab then mic with preamp and or reduced amp signal to input 2 left. that is nothing like how you stated your connections.

Yes because I didn't setup like the wiki suggests. As I said in my OP it went by the Amp Matching PDF where one of the suggested ways is to use an AB box. That's the only difference as well as not using the Output2 Left when using the AB box. But I have tried both ways.

so you could not hear the ref when soloed when connected as the wiki states. are you using the amp matching preset? I have used the live match as the wiki states and had no issues other then some of my matches did not sound good until I got the volumes and gains close.

I have not tried or read the matching pdf but wouldn't you still have to have guitar input 1 left and amp input2 left so the axe match could compare the signals, I would assume the a-b box would only be to set the gains and such as close as you can and toggle back an forth between the amp and the axe instead of soloing the refrence.

Back
Top Bottom