Amp default level too low

Hello everybody on here.
Don't know if it's a faulty behaviour of my unit (Axe Fx2 MKII) or it's normal, but some amps models in the amp block have a very low volume once loaded comparing with others amps (all parameters at default level). I can understand a bit of discrepancy from an amp to another.... but I'm talking about something too different.
I'll post a list of amp facing this issue (issue?) soon. But would like to know if some of you have had the same issue.
Thanks
Marco

Last edited:
Hello everybody on here.
Don't know if it's a faulty behaviour of my unit (Axe Fx2 MKII) or it's normal, but some amps models in the amp block have a very low volume once loaded comparing with others amps (all parameters at default level). I can understand a bit of discrepancy from an amp to another.... but I'm talking about something too different.
I'll post a list of amp facing this issue (issue?) soon. But would like if some of you have hadf the same issue.
Thanks
Marco
They are all different... Some more dramatic than others.

If you’re just changing the amp type, there’s isn’t really a “default level” because the level parameter doesn’t change - notice that several basic controls don’t change at all. This is purposeful.

Thank you guys for your reply.

I'm not talking about my presets though. What I'm doing is just load all the amps models, one at once, into a basic preset...just amp and cab (always the same cab) to better understand the single amps "voice".
It's ok... the different kind of sound is there... as expected to be. But I've noted that some amps models (almost all the clean channels) has a very very low overall level. Now, if I do the same test in the real world whit real amps all of them set to an "all-at-noon (like the basic page in the amp block shows, in my axe-edit software), I won't have this kind of dramatic volume difference. I have a Super Twin Fender and a Roland jazz chorus 120 and they slap you on the face at that knobs setting... ;-) For sure don't sound 90% lower than my Marshall S80 or even than my 12 watt Laney Cub (poor guy).
Maybe (surely) I'm wrong in making this kind of amps block test... so please help me in understand it.

To make it short, I can obviously push up the output level when use this kind of amps block.... just wan't understand if I'm doing or expecting something wrong.
Thanks again
Marco

The Amp types are not level-matched, because that’s impossible to accomplish and would make no sense. Just adjust Level in the Amp block to match them, by ear or by using the VU meters.

But I've noted that some amps models (almost all the clean channels) has a very very low overall level. Now, if I do the same test in the real world whit real amps all of them set to an "all-at-noon ...I won't have this kind of dramatic volume difference.
the Output Level in the amp block doesn't have a "noon" position though. it's because all amps are different and noon on gain settings for one amp might be louder or softer than noon gain for another amp type.

this is one to not overthink. don't worry about the number result of the Level parameter - it is there to adjust the amp which changes drastically due to Gain, Master Volume and other settings.

just adjust the Level parameter to whatever it needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom