Amp Channel switching via midi through Axe Fx possible?(Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier)

unsetmike19

1. I have a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier which switches channels through a 7pin midi cable
2. I just bought the axefx standard
3.I have a Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller.
4. I would like use my amp channels while using the Axefx's effects.

Q: If I hook up the FCB1010(Midi Out) --> AxeFx --> Mesa amp's midi channel switching socket, is it possible to program the amp's channels into the AxeFX presents?
ie. when I change patches on the AxeFx could it change amp channels at the same time? Or would I have to go through something like the Amp Gizmo?

I would greatly appreciate any help since I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to use it with the amp.

Thanks!:D

The amp isn't actually midi, it is just using a 5 pin din connector. You would need something like amp gizmo, or gcx, or something like that to change the channels.

Get an RMJ amp gizmo. It's a MIDI controlled relay block that will switch the channels on any amp. Tell them what amp you have when you order it and they ship it to you with a special cable just for that amp.

So even though it uses a midi cable to switch channels it cannot receive midi information to switch channel if the AxeFx were to send a signal?

I had a feeling I was going to have to get one, I was trying to find a way around that if possible haha! thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom