Amp block for Friedman BE models

Gotta give a huge nod here to ML Sound Lab's "Best IR In The World". I've used it a bit in live applications thus far, and I've found that it's a fairly universal IR for a lot of different amp models and tone styles. Bit of a claim, for sure, but it's free and sounds rad. The cab they submitted for the Gift of Tone series ("Mikko's Cab") is very similar, and worth snagging as well.

http://bit.ly/MLSoundLab

Bit of a tip from my experience, too: I highly recommend finding a single IR that that gets you as close as possible to the tone you want. Mixing IRs can be a real worm hole, and the phase differences that occur when you add another IR are often difficult to judge outside a full mix context. Find a few IRs you like and strap 'em cross the channels of your Cab block, and then use a Looper block with some chugs/open chords/single note/dynamic playing to give you a basis of comparison between them. It can be really interesting how certain IRs flatter different playing styles. These days I tend to find myself gravitating towards IR's that do all of them well, and excel at none.
Tried this IR...It's awesome !! Gonna use it at practice this weekend. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom