Amp block bypass state not saved when using global Amp.

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
I've got an Ultra w/ version 6.04 firmware.

If I use a Global Amp in the amp block but save the preset with the amp block bypassed, when I recall the preset the amp block reverts to being active.

Can someone else please confirm this and confirm that it is a bug?
Thanks.

Make sure that you don't have the amp saved in some other preset as active, as global amps seem to save their bypass state in sometimes unpredictable ways.

If that's not the case, then yeah it may be a bug, because I have the exact opposite problem. I created a new global amp and now whenever I recall it, whether it's going to a preset that uses it or scrolling through the global amps, it's bypassed. In fact, after I created that amp, all but the first couple global amps decided that their natural state was bypassed. It's really frustrating and I can't seem to figure out what's causing it.

campersand said:
Make sure that you don't have the amp saved in some other preset as active, as global amps seem to save their bypass state in sometimes unpredictable ways.

If that's not the case, then yeah it may be a bug, because I have the exact opposite problem. I created a new global amp and now whenever I recall it, whether it's going to a preset that uses it or scrolling through the global amps, it's bypassed. In fact, after I created that amp, all but the first couple global amps decided that their natural state was bypassed. It's really frustrating and I can't seem to figure out what's causing it.

Yes, of course I have the Global Amps saved in other presets as active.
Why should that affect its bypass state within a different preset?
To me that seems more like a bug than a "feature".

joegold said:
campersand said:

Yes, of course I have the Global Amps saved in other presets as active.
Why should that affect its bypass state within a different preset?
To me that seems more like a bug than a "feature".

Because the bypass state is saved as parameter of the amp modeler and all the parameters get saved when you make it a global amp. The global amp, like several features were added later in the game and had to be implemented in a manner that would not terribly disrupt the current structure or use too much memory.

javajunkie said:
Because the bypass state is saved as parameter of the amp modeler and all the parameters get saved when you make it a global amp. The global amp, like several features were added later in the game and had to be implemented in a manner that would not terribly disrupt the current structure or use too much memory.

Actually, the bypass state of the amp block is *not* saved as a parameter of the Amp Block when there is a Global Amp selected for the block. That's what I'm calling a "bug".

joegold said:
javajunkie said:

Actually, the bypass state of the amp block is *not* saved as a parameter of the Amp Block when there is a Global Amp selected for the block. That's what I'm calling a "bug".

I think you may be misunderstanding. The bypass state of an amp block is part of what is saved when you make a global amp. So if you create a global amp and save it as active in one preset, it's going to be active in every other preset in which you use it.

campersand said:
joegold said:
javajunkie said:

I think you may be misunderstanding. The bypass state of an amp block is part of what is saved when you make a global amp. So if you create a global amp and save it as active in one preset, it's going to be active in every other preset in which you use it.

Right.

campersand said:
joegold said:
javajunkie said:

So then, the bypass state is not saved per preset.
To me, that's a bug.

joegold said:
campersand said:

So then, the bypass state is not saved per preset.
To me, that's a bug.
To me, that's a design choice that doesn't jive with your expectation. ;)
I agree that it would be nice to have an option on that. Maybe something to add to the wish list?

Hey, it's no big deal.
The only reason I found out about this is because I was setting up a preset to AB my Triaxis (in the AFX FX loop) with one of my Global Amps.
Being able to save the bypass state of a Global Amp within a preset is not that important to me.
Still, not being able to do so seems like bug to me.
That's why I reported it to the Bugs Forum rather than the Wish List Forum.

Evidently it's a "known", so there's no need to discuss it further.

Back
Top Bottom