Amanda Peterson (Cindy Mancini) RIP

sarge

Power User
Amanda Peterson dies aged 43 after suffering from 'several medical issues'  | Daily Mail Online

Not sure many here will remember her. But for a lot of guys my age (44), Amanda Peterson was it in the late 80's. Everybody loved Cindy Mancini.

I don't know if "cult classic" is the right way to describe the movie "Can't buy me love", but it was surprisingly good. The best 80's teen movie IMO.

She never did anything else of note, and of course her co-stars Patrick Dempsey and Seth Green had monster careers.

As I write this cause of death is not yet known. I'm figuring it will end up being drug related as she had a history of problems with meth.

RIP Amanda

This is a bummer, I liked that movie if fact I watched it a few months back and wondered what had become of her. RIP Amanda :(

The irony for me is that on the 4th, I was over a friends house and we got to talking about 80's movies. We discusses a bunch but we talked about Can't Buy me love probably longer then the others and specifically Amanda. And while we were speaking about her she was dead in her apartment not yet discovered.

oh no....
am a child of the 80s and loved the genre
my other favorite "some kind of wonderful" also came out in 1987.
i had such a thing for mary stuart masterson too.
this is one memory that ends with a heartbreak
r.i.p. cindy

I think she had some run-ins with the law and drug issues as well.

This site has some of her Faces of Meth mugshots in the years before she died.

Amanda Peterson: Arrests, Addiction and Troubled Road After 'Can't Buy Me Love'

I saw that yesterday I think it was.

Had I walked into her on the street
1st picture, would have knows it was her though she does look high
2nd picture, hard to say. Without the two black eyes probably
3rd picture, doubtfull I recognize her. Perhaps
4th picture, would have had no idea who I was looking at.

So sad people in general can mess themselves up so bad.

I have a hard time seeing this ending with the cause of death NOT being drug related.

Sucks cause I was such a huge fan.

Back
Top Bottom