Am I RTFMing this right?

I rigged my other setup with bigger washers and got away with the existing holes.

View attachment 88989
Looks nice! Those are a bit bigger than the ones Ace at the corner had. Thought about making a pair of triangles for the preset up/down switches on the left board, but never quite got around to it, and with the new setup with the FM9, it's not 100% clear which functions the two under-board switches are going to be handling, so the triangles doing up/down arrows may not be contextually useful....

On my FM9 rig I will probably go two pedals and one switch to take me to a "Home"...... preset.

as I don't need a lot of preset changes......

I use stand-in switches for my III/FC-6 rig.

eEYWy28.jpeg

The black one on the bottom is generally for my Freqout, but you can assign it to do whatever you want. I downloaded someone else's preset the other day and they had a Whammy assigned to FC Pedal 1 (which is the black switch on my board) and it controlled the Whammy effect, which was kind of cool having it on just an on/off switch like that instead of an expression pedal.

They were a bit tricky to program between the III and AxeEdit. I honestly can't even remember the steps I took and I know it was a combination of forum help and just experimenting that got me to figure it out. Interesting the FM9 can't do this. Thankfully, if I were to run a Freqout in the FM9, I'd most likely just put the pedal right on the pedalboard and run it in front of the FM9, as mine will be a board/cab only rig with no rack.

I rigged my other setup with bigger washers and got away with the existing holes.

View attachment 88989
UPDATE:
Found some 12mm I/D 24mm O/D washers, zinc steel. They'll be thicker than what I might need, but IIRC the switches I purchased are not short shafts. Also found some brushed finishing "dress nuts" for a nicer look. (I know; sounds whacky, but what the heck...) Will be adding 2 switches and scrapping a TS cable for the project. Will like place the 2 switches vertically along side the EV-1. Can't decide whether to put the switches between the EV-1 and FM9, or to left of the EV-1. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom