Am I crazy to go back to Ax8?

I have an axeiii mk2. Would I be crazy to go back to my old ax8 setup? Do I have rose colored glasses or would I be disappointed. I miss the form of the AX8 for travel, ease, and tweaking live.

Nah I sold the AX8 when I got the III
In that case, since you would be buying another device, the FM3 or FM9 are definitely worth the 'upgrade'. The AX8 vs Axe III tones was closer when I bought the Axe III at FW 3.0, but now the difference in tone and feel are very noticeable. The last time I played the AX8 was when I decided the difference was too great and sold it to get the FM3.

Don't let the 3 buttons on the FM3 fool you, it is impressive what they can do, moreso if you add a 2 button external switch. Everything I could do with the AX8 I can do with the FM3 and external switch and then some.

I still have my trusted AX8 next to all other FAS devices, I am hesitant to sell it. Yes the newer devices sound better, but in a live application I doubt that anyone in the audience will hear a difference or even care.

If you had the AX8 still it’d be worth a try, but since it was sold, probably go for the one of the FM’s in my recommendation. Unless someone gives you a crazy good deal on an AX8 that is

Back
Top Bottom