Am I an idiot? Borderline OCD content enclosed :)

Yours is a rhetorical question, but, honestly, the string search capability for presets is powerful IF you've given the presets a name that is significant.

FA could help if they'd also give us the ability to search through types of blocks, and the names of the devices being modeled in the blocks in a preset. Yes, it'd slow down a few operations a little, but the flexibility would be nice.

Or, maybe that's left for one of us ex-IT guys to do.
For sure. That’s what I did too. Having the text show up in bright purple was helpful.

You can sort by color so if I want to see all the Marshall style presets I select green; Fender is blue, etc. I do the same for IRs, all the greenbacks are green, that way I don't have to google the wiki or go to the manufacturer and see what speaker was in the IR, it is color coded so I know. Of course outliers like K120, D120, Black shadow, etc, can't color code them all; but it really speeds up preset building if I can just select red and see all the Vintage 30 speaker cabs and orange for all the Mesa amps.

View attachment 76687
View attachment 76688
You are a genius. Didn’t know you could sort by colour.

I did research on each amp model and sorted them according to the following scheme, of course amps like Friedman could be in the Boutique category/color but this is how I think about the amps; YMMV. Also the image album below shows pics of each color sorted. You can use the left and right arrows on mouse-over, you don't have to go to the Imgur website you can view it in the post here. Cheers!

Red: Mesa/Boogie
Orange: Vox AC
Yellow: Preamps and Modern
Green: Marshall
Blue: Fender
Purple: Boutique

Having presets set up like this is another one of the features I appreciate in the AustinBuddy Gold Pack. I love having things organized as well!

Just throwing this out as a thought and nothing else. It would be nice to be able to assign more than one color to a preset/cab - I’m assuming they’re just labels and the default color could just be something like the last one assigned or there could be a default color when an item was in more than one set. Where it could be useful is when you want to assign an item to more than one set. For example Fender=Blue, Marshall=Red and Favorite=Green where JTM45 is in both Red and Green and Vibroverb is in both Blue and Green.

You can sort by color so if I want to see all the Marshall style presets I select green; Fender is blue, etc. I do the same for IRs, all the greenbacks are green, that way I don't have to google the wiki or go to the manufacturer and see what speaker was in the IR, it is color coded so I know. Of course outliers like K120, D120, Black shadow, etc, can't color code them all; but it really speeds up preset building if I can just select red and see all the Vintage 30 speaker cabs and orange for all the Mesa amps.

View attachment 76687
View attachment 76688
I do this myself. Green for my fave Greenbacks, Blue for my fav V30s, and then another color for “everything else.” Makes it much easier to find my fav IRs out of 2000+ factory ones.

I love these ideas, been wanting to organize cabs with similar construction/different speaker, and then same speaker/different construction, to try and isolate the speaker type and cab construction separately to make it easier for me to look for stuff that will appeal to me. Going one by one through the whole IR list is taking me a lot of time, and it's certainly possible different types of amps will match different types of speaker or cab better. As of today I can't say I have an informed opinion about Greenbacks vs V30s, alnico vs ceramic speakers, closed vs open back cabinets, or 1x12 vs 2x12 vs 4x12.

I've been putting my personal presets at the beginning and moving stuff to the back end, but I need to do a more thorough overall of the presets like this. Maybe the main amp type banks can start from page 2 of the scroll, the special effects banks can go at the end, so the first page is just the presets I have tweaked and desire to keep for my main use.

I love these ideas, been wanting to organize cabs with similar construction/different speaker, and then same speaker/different construction, to try and isolate the speaker type and cab construction separately to make it easier for me to look for stuff that will appeal to me. Going one by one through the whole IR list is taking me a lot of time, and it's certainly possible different types of amps will match different types of speaker or cab better. As of today I can't say I have an informed opinion about Greenbacks vs V30s, alnico vs ceramic speakers, closed vs open back cabinets, or 1x12 vs 2x12 vs 4x12.

I've been putting my personal presets at the beginning and moving stuff to the back end, but I need to do a more thorough overall of the presets like this. Maybe the main amp type banks can start from page 2 of the scroll, the special effects banks can go at the end, so the first page is just the presets I have tweaked and desire to keep for my main use.
What I’ve done is to copy an IR, place it at the top of a section and rename it for what the section is about. And then do the same at the end of the section but instead of a name, I rename it to a series of dashes. Makes it real easy to browse IRs in specific groups.

I find your comment completely inappropriate and not welcome in my thread.
giphy.gif

Don't have a screenshot handy but I colour code my amps based on "type". For example blues are clean, orange are crunch, red are high gain.

Back
Top Bottom